Texas-Houston

After party bar in Galveston

My fiance and I are planning a destination wedding in Galveston.  We're doing the reception at Gaido's but we're looking for a bar nearby to invite anyone who wants to continue the celebration to an after party.  Can anyone recommend such a place?  It needs to be nice enough that I won't feel uncomfortable being in a fluffy, white dress, but inexpensive enough that we won't go broke from the large quantity of alcohol our evening guests will likely consume.

Thank you!

Re: After party bar in Galveston

• I'm doing a destination wedding too (my fiance is near Ft Worth, and I'm stationed in VA for now) at Galveston and my reception dinner will be at Gaido's too! No advice for you, just wanted to say congrats and I (obviously) think you have good taste. That place is da bomb!
  • Hello and Congratulations to BOTH of you! 
    I'm a medical student living in Galveston. Generally, Galvy is pretty casual, as in, people RARELY dress up to go out anywhere, that being said, the rooftop bar at the Hotel Galvez is absolutely gorgeous. A friend recently got engaged up there. I honestly cannot vouch for the prices, but it certainly is one of the more classy bars in Galveston. They're located on about 23rd street and the Strand. 

The H2O bar is very pretty too, but it's a bit more casual and is a younger vibe. Check out the pictures online for both places to get a better idea. Again, prices (meh) it's a "tourists" town, so…yea. 
    HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards