Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP returns....What is proper

We are just now sending save-the-dates and we will be sending the formal invites soon. My question is....for the RSVP card what is proper? Should you include a mini envelope pre addressed and stamped? A mini envelope with no stamp? Or just have them return the envelope or call to RSVP on their own?

Re: RSVP returns....What is proper

• If you are providing a RSVP card then you should include an envelope for that card that is pre-addressed and stamped.

Some brides do provide online RSVP through their websites but you still need to include a card stating that guests can RSVP by X date via Y website.  Just know that some people (myself included) find that online RSVP makes the event seem less formal so if you are wanting to have a black tie affair then online RSVPs is a no-no, but if your wedding is on the more casual side then go for it.

• Thank you very much! And we were not planning on having online RSVP. Just through the card/mail. Thank you again!
  • Save-the-Dates are going out so close to invitations? Are the invitations going out too early or did the STDs get sent too late? Just curious and trying to be helpful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Have them stamped & addressed. It helps with the return rate. Not everyone keeps stamps at home like they use to so if they have to find a stamp it can cause the RSVP to be late or not mailed at all. I did have them pre-addressed so that the correct address would be on the RSVP envelope. Also because I figured out how to do the return address with the template I was using, I put the guests return address information on the envelope too. We had a few guests with the same names but who weren't Jr. or Sr. so when I got the RSVP card it helped me to identify which guest it was. Also, I had a guest how forgot to put their name on the RSVP card, so it was perfect that their name was on the envelope.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    If you awnt to save money, skip the STDs.  They are never necessary.  Technically, RSVPs aren't required, either, but most people send them with the invitation these days.  Yes, you should send stamped envelopes for return.  Another money saving tip is to use postcard RSVPs.  You will save on postage.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards