Getting in Shape

2 weeks to go, cleanse?

My wedding is in two weeks (ahh!) and I am thinking about doing a cleanse next week.  I am not trying to drop a tremendous amount of weight from now until then, but any suggestions on a last-minute, two-week-to-go diet to keep my skin healthy and body detoxed?

Re: 2 weeks to go, cleanse?

• I don't have any suggestions, but just a caution against losing any weight between now and then for fear of your dress not fitting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2014
    I think a cleanse is a really bad idea. They are supposed to eliminate toxins...whenever I've done then I go through caffeine withdrawal, sugar withdrawals, and generally feel terrible. I would suggest drinking a ton of water, eating healthier foods, and maybe visit a spa?
  • I'm against those juice cleanses.  They often deprive your body of nutrients that are needed.  I second what @charlottesmom0626 said.  Eat right, try clean eating, no processed foods, eliminate white carbs and eat brown carbs.  Drink lots of water and a trip to the spa could help.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would caution against any juice cleanse longer than a day.  Not only is juicing technically processed food, it is also denying you needed nutrients for your body.

I just recommend doing a clean eating kind of deal for a week and lay off the grains, carbs and dairy, and up your veggies, protein (meat or otherwise) and some fruits for your sweets.  Drink a lot of water each day and limit your alcohol intake to just like half the amount you have now. 

• I did a 3-day juice cleanse the week of my wedding and I loved it and would recommend it to anyone who normally eats pretty healthy. I do them often and I always feel fantastic while doing them. I don't lose any substantial amount of weight when I do them, but they clear up my skin and keep me from retaining water. I was visited by Aunt Flo the week of my wedding, and during that time of the month I always get bloaty and break out. But I didn't the week of my wedding and I attribute that to keeping to juice for three days that week.

Fresh, cold pressed juice is not processed food. You should (obviously) only cleanse with real, fresh, juice with no additives or preservatives. Heavy on the green juice. Light on the fruit juice. Have one nut milk a day for protein. If you get cranky or hangry or are just dying for something to chew, spinach with lemon juice is tasty and doesn't break the cleanse since it's exactly what is in your green juice. If you get cold, drink hot tea. If you google articles about cleanses you can find all these basic tips and read people's experiences while doing them and decide for yourself if its a good idea for your circumstance.

• Thanks for this- I did one day of Juice Press, it was difficult but I definitely felt good the next day! May do one more next week before the big day!
  • I'm glad you felt good the next day! Was it your first time? They get soooo easy after the first time, no joke! I really think it's 90% mental.
  • Yes, was my first time!!! Wedding is this weekend so not sure if I should do one this week also but I'm considering it!
  • I'm not usually a fan of cleanses, but I've done the Green Smoothie Cleanse before (see "Green Smoothie Cleans" + "JJ Smith" and loved it.  In fact, often during the week I'll do green smoothies for breakfast and lunch, with raw veggies as snacks.  I add protein powder to mine (usually 48-52g of protein if splitting the smoothies between two meals) to keep me full.  Its helped my skin, makes digestion easier, reduces bloating...and thats with the smoothies for breakfast and lunch and NOT for dinner.  I did the cleanse for 5 or 6 days once and felt great (but hungry bc I was working out a lot).  Buy the book on kindle, its like 10.99$.
  • supermal said:
    Yes, was my first time!!! Wedding is this weekend so not sure if I should do one this week also but I'm considering it!

Yay congrats!!!!!! If anything, it gave me something to focus on the week of my wedding because I was freaking out about everything that could possibly go wrong. If you get through half a day and decide you it's too much your wedding week, you could always just scrap it in the middle!

(Are you planning on drinking at your wedding? My booze tolerance goes down a billion percent after a cleanse. Just something to think about! I barely had any time to drink at my wedding anyway so it ended up not making a difference.)

• I'm not usually a fan of cleanses, but I've done the Green Smoothie Cleanse before (see "Green Smoothie Cleans" + "JJ Smith" and loved it.  In fact, often during the week I'll do green smoothies for breakfast and lunch, with raw veggies as snacks.  I add protein powder to mine (usually 48-52g of protein if splitting the smoothies between two meals) to keep me full.  Its helped my skin, makes digestion easier, reduces bloating...and thats with the smoothies for breakfast and lunch and NOT for dinner.  I did the cleanse for 5 or 6 days once and felt great (but hungry bc I was working out a lot).  Buy the book on kindle, its like 10.99$.
    Ooh! I am intrigued...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards