Snarky Brides

What Grooms Really Think... AKA Justin Abarca can't figure out how to pay for his own shit.

So I'm perusing BuzzFeed and I run across this shit. I think HoneyFund probably had a little hand in this for their mention and link. I hope to god Justin shows his ass up here and tries to justify this garbage because he needs to be educated.
MOTHERFUCKER HAD A HONEYFUND AND A DOLLAR DANCE.

Justin, baby, please learn how to work with your money. Plan what you can afford. You don't have to get your guests to pay for your vacation if you can't afford it. That's low. Extra money in the form of gifts is great, but asking for it is not. Asking for cash and gift cards is not the last option that you can turn to because you don't have space in your apartment for physical gifts.

Here's the link: (CLICK)

Shit is dumb as hell, I tell ya.
--

I'm the fuck
out.

Re: What Grooms Really Think... AKA Justin Abarca can't figure out how to pay for his own shit.

• Justin uses the word "gurl" and was notably upset he didn't get a groom's cake.  I'm calling shenanigans on the married thing.  That or, wow, that poor woman.  Hope he got him the groom's cake of his dreams eventually...  Maybe paid for by their dollar dance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Unfortunately he already had his wedding so the damage is done. 

"May not be super high brow, but who cares?" Obviously those who don't care about their family and friends. 

imageimage

• "If not, as uncouth as it may seem, asking for gift cards and cash will be the way to go."

Sure, if you're a thoughtless dickhead, go for it!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Justin is giving me mixed feelings. Because, HELLO!?!? This would have been amazing:

I didn’t have a groom’s cake, and sort of regret it. Not because I really love cake, but I sort of joked about having the armadillo cake from Steel Magnolias, and am sad that it didn’t happen.

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited October 2014

I read this last night and it pissed me off to no end.

"Yes! The money dance is crucial. OK, it may not be super highbrow, but who cares? We made some major $$$"

DAMMIT JUSTIN! Your wedding is not a money making scheme!!!

ETA:

beethery said:
    "If not, as uncouth as it may seem, asking for gift cards and cash will be the way to go."

Sure, if you're a thoughtless dickhead, go for it!

If you're a thoughtless dickhead who doesn't realize that people will just give you money if you don't register, even if you don't ask for it, go for it!

FFS. What an asshat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ummm...none of those things are what my groom thought about our wedding.
  • Just once, I would like the answer to "How did you pay for...?" to be "Well, I knew I had this responsibility to pay for it, so I got my butt out of bed, went to work, got a part-time second job during the holidays, brown bagged it every day instead of snarfing Taco Bell, and instead of buying stupid sh*t like video games I put that money into a savings account."

But then I guess I wouldn't have anything to snark if people actually did that, so I'm pretty torn about how I should feel.

• beethery said:
    Thank you for the lecture, high school senior.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.
    This is like getting toilet advice from a toddler.
  • Dude. He's an asshat.
    "Don't be one of those weird couples who don't do it on their wedding night"

The fuck man.who cares?

Anniversary
  • It's like he knows how greedy and bitchy he sounds, all his answers are JADE because he knows it's wrong.

DF is in the "Yay, we're getting married. Oh fuck, we're actually getting married. Yay, oh fuck, yay, oh fuck......" camp. But, he's possibly a bigger stickler for etiquette because it's family and we can't treat them like shit. Or he's too high brow to demand money. Whatever. I believe it's called we have at least some class, even if we are inappropriate at times.

We may not have gotten second jobs, and we both usually brown bag lunch because it's healthier usually, but our version of paying is having a smaller wedding that we can afford. Getting very close, but so far, looks like we're coming in slightly under budget because I overestimated what DIY projects would cost. Granted, I took some extra and bought concert tickets to go to on our honeymoon so it's not quite as much savings as before.
  • chibiyui said:

Dude. He's an asshat.
    "Don't be one of those weird couples who don't do it on their wedding night"

The fuck man.who cares?

Who is even going to know is my question. And dead on my feet exhausted is not really conductive to enjoying fucking like bunnies.

• Eeewwww.  So, so tacky.  Also, this thread is now linked in the comment section.  Who are you, Kathryn Webb???!!

• Eeewwww.  So, so tacky.  Also, this thread is now linked in the comment section.  Who are you, Kathryn Webb???!!

I have a guess.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• chibiyui said:
    Dude. He's an asshat. "Don't be one of those weird couples who don't do it on their wedding night" The fuck man.who cares?
    Yeah, WTF. We actually did not have sex on our wedding night. We were both exhausted and pretty much passed out as soon as we got to the room. That doesn't make us weird. It means we had both been up since 5am and by 11pm, we were drunk and tired. 
  • chibiyui said:
    Dude. He's an asshat. "Don't be one of those weird couples who don't do it on their wedding night" The fuck man.who cares?
    Yeah, WTF. We actually did not have sex on our wedding night. We were both exhausted and pretty much passed out as soon as we got to the room. That doesn't make us weird. It means we had both been up since 5am and by 11pm, we were drunk and tired. 
    Ditto here.  Definitely do not feel like my wedding or night was ruined because of it.   Still had the best night of my life and still woke up to my husband.  Perfect!
  • abbyj700abbyj700 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Something like 70% of couples don't have sex on their wedding night...so yeah, don't be those weirdos who are like everyone else - tired, drunk, happy, full of good food and ready to sleep! 

ETA - I like how it's another place where we have to point out to a person that etiquette is not opinion.
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    jacques27 said:
    Just once, I would like the answer to "How did you pay for...?" to be "Well, I knew I had this responsibility to pay for it, so I got my butt out of bed, went to work, got a part-time second job during the holidays, brown bagged it every day instead of snarfing Taco Bell, and instead of buying stupid sh*t like video games I put that money into a savings account."

But then I guess I wouldn't have anything to snark if people actually did that, so I'm pretty torn about how I should feel.

I would love to read it if some rando gave that answer. I would high five them.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• abbyj700 said:
    Something like 70% of couples don't have sex on their wedding night...so yeah, don't be those weirdos who are like everyone else - tired, drunk, happy, full of good food and ready to sleep! 

ETA - I like how it's another place where we have to point out to a person that etiquette is not opinion.
    My plan is to fuck first.  I think we'll probably fuck on our wedding day, but it will be in the morning before we get out of bed to get dressed for our wedding.  I know we'll be too exhausted to fuck that night, AND it might not be our wedding day anymore (since it will likely be after midnight).
  • beethery said:

Eeewwww.  So, so tacky.  Also, this thread is now linked in the comment section.  Who are you, Kathryn Webb???!!

I have a guess.
    Omg. We're snarking a buzzfeed article. Who the Fuck cares enough to link it?

Anniversary
  • Is anyone here Beth from the comments?  She should be here if she's not already.

• Is anyone here Beth from the comments?  She should be here if she's not already.
    That would be me :)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• He didn't want to "deal with" "travelling and sightseeing"...I...I don't understand...WTF Justin?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He didn't want to "deal with" "travelling and sightseeing"...I...I don't understand...WTF Justin?!
    There's nothing wrong with an all-enclusive but his reasoning behind it was hilarious.

SIGHT-SEEING IS TOO HARD :((((((
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

That killed me, as well. If you don't want to deal with traveling and sightseeing (oh, the pain of it all!) just stop the effing beg-a-thon and stay home! What a dumbass.
  • The "YAAASSSS" comment. Oy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards