Chit Chat

Would this be weird?

So my photogs' office is just up the street from my office. They both really went above and beyond with our wedding pics and have been sending little preview shots here and there since the wedding. They are a non-tipping company and it is outlined in our contract that we do not tip them. I kind of want to get around this and thought that maybe I would bake up some fresh cookies and box them up and hand deliver them with a thank you note. Is this weird? Should I do this before or after we get all of our photos back?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Would this be weird?

• I think it's nice, and I'd do it after you get the photos.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I personally won't eat homemade food from most strangers if I can help it. I'm sure your food handling is safe, but you never know and it might end up in the trash. I don't think it would be weird to go to your nearest bakery/candy shop and get them something!

Those fruit arrangements are really nice. As are just a bouquet of flowers with a little thank you attached.

You should wait until you have all your pictures back before doing anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    I personally won't eat homemade food from most strangers if I can help it. I'm sure your food handling is safe, but you never know and it might end up in the trash. I don't think it would be weird to go to your nearest bakery/candy shop and get them something!

Those fruit arrangements are really nice. As are just a bouquet of flowers with a little thank you attached.

I didn't even think about the whole eating food from strangers thing. There is a really cute bakery down the road. I like the idea of giving them store bought food, too.
  • larrygaga said:

I agree with this. I'm a paranoid germaphobe so I don't normally eat things other people bake lol. But going to a bakery would be super nice of you! (Your original idea is also super nice, but neuroses, ya know) 
  • edited October 2014
    I usually don't give two hoots where my sweet things come from. The only thing that could MAYBE stop me eating sweets someone brought me would be A) if I had reason to believe it might be roofied or B) if I found a hair in it.

That being said, I totally think it'd be better to buy it, because I might be in the minority here. 

ETA I DEFINITELY think the idea is superb. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I think that is a really sweet idea! I would echo the PP's and say that store bought might be better, since some people are wary about germs, etc. I say go for it, after you get all your pics :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I think it's a nice idea. But I recommend getting something store-bought. 
  • Agree with PPs and would also go with store bought. It's a great idea, and I am sure it will also be really appreciated.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It would never occur to me in a million jillion years not to eat homemade cookies from a person I knew. From a total stranger, maybe.

I'm really surprised to see so many people who are suspicious of homemade baked goods. Potlucks I get because they sit out forever, but I have never gotten sick at a bake sale. (Do kids get to have bake sales anymore? I fucking hate modern life if it means kids don't get to have bake sales).

This is apparently the unpopular opinion, but homemade cookies > store-bought cookies any day of the week. 

• It would never occur to me in a million jillion years not to eat homemade cookies from a person I knew. From a total stranger, maybe.

I'm really surprised to see so many people who are suspicious of homemade baked goods. Potlucks I get because they sit out forever, but I have never gotten sick at a bake sale. (Do kids get to have bake sales anymore? I fucking hate modern life if it means kids don't get to have bake sales).

This is apparently the unpopular opinion, but homemade cookies > store-bought cookies any day of the week. 

FSS had a "bake" sale for school last year. They sent home a flyer asking us to pick up baked goods to donate because of food handling BS. I ended up just writing a check.
  • afox007 said:
    It would never occur to me in a million jillion years not to eat homemade cookies from a person I knew. From a total stranger, maybe.

FSS had a "bake" sale for school last year. They sent home a flyer asking us to pick up baked goods to donate because of food handling BS. I ended up just writing a check.

See I don't get this either. I hadn't even thought about people being weirded out by homemade cookies before. Nobody in my circle is like this. Maybe I am sheltered? I may just go the store bought route because I don't want to offend/gross anyone out.
  • afox007 said:
    It would never occur to me in a million jillion years not to eat homemade cookies from a person I knew. From a total stranger, maybe.

See I don't get this either. I hadn't even thought about people being weirded out by homemade cookies before. Nobody in my circle is like this. Maybe I am sheltered? I may just go the store bought route because I don't want to offend/gross anyone out.
    I'd love to hear what people think could possibly make them sick in a homemade cookie. It is baked at 350 degrees in a GD oven. The germs are dead, y'all.
  • Home baked means more than store bought IMO.  As long as they are packaged nicely and clean looking, I'd have no problems eating them.  Now that I think about it, I have eaten home made almost everything.  Haven't gotten sick yet.  But have from store bought.  Go figure.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • I would eat them because a) free food and b) I'm kind of disgusting. I'd eat cookies off the floor. That being said, I think having something professionally made/delivered is a better impression. Plus they can't really refuse them that way, but could if you showed up with a Tupperware like "but it's not a tip, it's cookiiiiiies!" 

• I would eat them because a) free food and b) I'm kind of disgusting. I'd eat cookies off the floor. That being said, I think having something professionally made/delivered is a better impression. Plus they can't really refuse them that way, but could if you showed up with a Tupperware like "but it's not a tip, it's cookiiiiiies!" 
    HAHAHAHA.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards