Attire & Accessories Forum

Help! IEIE bridal? Custom Made Wedding Dress?

Hi ladies!

I am looking into having my dress made as I have no choice but to order online/not see my dress before I buy it. I know the risks but I don't have a choice with my situation. I found out about a place that makes beautfiul wedding dresses. Does anyone know of/have used/bought from Wendy from IEIE bridal in New Jersey? Or does anyone know of any other affordable seamstresses that make wedding dresses in the USA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and calm my nerves! Eeeek!

Re: Help! IEIE bridal? Custom Made Wedding Dress?

• I had my dress made at a very affordable place in Portland, OR, but I'm not sure if he would make it without being to take measurements himself.  The place is called Cocoon Silk.  
  • Why do you have no choice but to order online?  Do you live in a remote area without access to bridal shops?  There are so many dresses out there, why go through the hassle of not being able to try it on?
  • I believe a previous post said she lives in South Africa where they are very expensive and she would have to travel back her with the dress anyway.  I could be thinking of someone else though.
  • CrazyCatLady3CrazyCatLady3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2014
    Ah okay, though it says she wants a place in the USA.  In which case she may just be better off ordering from a legit online store for a pre-made dress and going by the size charts.  Like David's bridal online.

ETA, I looked back at OP's posting history and it looks like she is in SA and is getting married here and wants to pick up her dress here.  I would recommend going to a bridal shop that sells samples off the rack and will do quick alterations turn around for you. Then you don't have to work about a separate seamstress when you get whatever you would otherwise order.  If you are coming in through NY, I can tell you of several places that will sell samples off the rack in an affordable price range.  RK Bridal for one.  Also Bridal Garden.  They sell only designer samples off the rack.
  • I think she wanted a place in the USA so she wouldn't have to travel with the dress from South Africa to the USA, since I believe she is getting married in the USA.
  • Aggiespartan is completely correct. I am in South Africa at the moment but am getting married in the United States. I have maybe a few weeks after I arrive in the US before I get married. I don't think I could handle the stress of trying to find my dream dress in a few weeks off the rack, this would mean having to just settle for something because of the time crunch. I have also found my dream dress at a few stores but the amount of time it takes to get to me is ridiculous and the price is also really steep for such a simple dress. My budget is pretty tight already with the exchange rate (1:10). This place also has a custom size chart so no matter where I get it online, I am always going to have to go by a custom size chart. I have looked at many brick and mortar stores as well as online stories.I simply would like to know if anyone has used this seamstress. (She has her own online store as well). She has alot of rave reviews on various sites like weddingwire.com and marthastewart.com weddings but I just wanted to check on here as well. Thank you for the replies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards