November 2014 Weddings

GUYZ! It's almost NOVEMBER!

This week is the death of October, guys!  November is almost here!!

My mother called me yesterday to have a chat and she said "Wow, this time next week you will be married!"  YES!  It's fast approaching.  I will be a wife in 6 days!

So I just want to check in on all my ladies!  How are you?  How are you feeling?

I am steadily getting more nervous and excited.  I look very calm on the outside but inside I am:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: GUYZ! It's almost NOVEMBER!

• Isn't it insane???  18 days to go for me.

I am strangely calm and so excited at the same time.  I'm calm about the wedding (mainly because I keep drinking wine reminding myself that I have done everything I can do and can't control much else from here out). I'm excited to be married to FI and to get on the ship for our honeymoon. 

We still have to buy a gift for FI's daughter and son, and our ring bearer.  Amazon Prime, here we come. Our final venue walk-through is this Saturday. That's it, that's all that's left on the to-do list, and I am going to force myself not to come up with any projects after that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week is the death of October, guys!  November is almost here!!

My mother called me yesterday to have a chat and she said "Wow, this time next week you will be married!"  YES!  It's fast approaching.  I will be a wife in 6 days!

So I just want to check in on all my ladies!  How are you?  How are you feeling?

I am steadily getting more nervous and excited.  I look very calm on the outside but inside I am:

My mom's doing the same thing! It's so soon!

I don't think I'm handling it very well though. I am really freaking out so much! I'm just a giant ball of nerves. Though it isn't helping that my work is pretty much, "Oh! You're getting married this Saturday right? How exciting! I bet you must be nervous and have a lot to do and keep track of, right? Well, in that case, let me give you a GIANT pile of work to get done this week. Have fun on your honeymoon! But make sure you get everything done before that!"
  • Ah we keep saying the same thing.. In three weeks we'll be married!  etc etc.  It's crazy.  I do feel everything is done, but then I'm like, wait, are we really having this huge event we've been planning for months in EIGHTEEN DAYS?  Maybe it will start to feel more real when people arrive in town and whatnot.  

I generally feel okay.  I'm not sure I'm going to look as amazing as I wanted to in my dress (my arms literally do not lose fat, ever.  They're so annoying) but I'm gonna try to let that slide since I'm sure the dude won't notice that at all LOL.  

Also, some of the final touches I can't do until the week of the wedding.  Favors are perishable (s'mores favors), I want my sister to write the place cards (great handwriting), and that's sort of it actually.  Not bad.
  • I'm a nervous, anxious, excited ball of nerves.  I've been so calm throughout this whole thing and now it's like, "holy crap,this thing is happening!" AND SOON!

I'm mainly nervous about everything "coming together" at the end.  Oh, that and my botched alterations that I'm desperately praying are being fixed. 

Here we go!

• YAYYYYYY!!!!!

Today was my final dress fitting, and I am so relieved!  And tomorrow is my hair trial!

I am currently in the, "it doesn't feel like we're getting married in less than 3 weeks" stage.

Good luck and good wine for the home stretch, ladies! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YAYYYYYY!!!!!

Today was my final dress fitting, and I am so relieved!  And tomorrow is my hair trial!

I am currently in the, "it doesn't feel like we're getting married in less than 3 weeks" stage.

Good luck and good wine for the home stretch, ladies! :)
    In 5 days I get wine, LOL.  Gonna be soooo good!!  :P

I'm so glad your fitting went so well!  I didn't realize so many people (myself included) have fitting anxiety!

• Today is my last day at work as a single woman :)  Off for a week!

• IM FREAKING OUT! ALL THE FEELS MAN!!!! I'm November 1st! :)
  • I have exactly 1 month today!!! I'm kinda freaking out that I still have a lot to do but I have it all planned out.
    I know what day I'll need to order my linens to arrive in time, I have to order my cake a week in advance (and they'll be open normal hours that Sat) and that's the same day I need to put my food order in, I have 2 weeks to pay my florist and make any changes, and I'm starting to look for alcohol deals at the store. I'm expecting the better deals closer to Thanksgiving because of the holiday/football (especially being a local to the Dallas Cowboys, who always play at home on Thanksgiving).
    The part that freaks me out the most is FI has slacked on getting something to wear for the wedding, which has delayed us picking out stuff for our kids. I'd say that's the biggest unknown expense that we still have to deal with.
    It really has helped that my mom has started inquiring about the wedding. She's reminded me of a few things, has gone shopping with me, and has offered to take a load off by taking care of "cocktail hour" snacks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards