Ohio-Cleveland

Flower Prices and Florist Suggestion

I'm starting to look at flowers and I have an idea of what I want but I don't know how much flowers should cost. Please respond if you are willing to share your flower budget. Any florist recommendations (either good or bad) would be greatly appricated. 

Re: Flower Prices and Florist Suggestion

• I will praise Roses for Weddings for as long as she remains in business.  Ety was wonderful to work with and by far the cheapest florist I could find because she works out of her home in Medina.  I also got my chair covers from her and those prices were also the best I found.  She was creative and dealt with me changing my shade of purple what felt like two dozen times. :)  I paid $570 (I think) for my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids, 2 mom corsages, 3 grandmother (smaller mom ones), and 8 boutonnieres for guys.  Her chair covers were $3/each and she did all the labor and because I picked the flowers up from the reception location while she was doing the chair covers, I didn't have to pay delivery and I got a peak at my reception venue too :)
  • I used Grand Design out of Painesville and for an extra fee, they delivered my flowers to Tremont for me. I had my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, two beautiful alter arrangements, 2 coursages for the moms, 8 bouts and then 3 smaller pin coursages for Godmothers. We have no surviving grandparents. It was $1,000 for all of it, my flowers held up great the whole day. Each bouquet came in their own vase w/water to keep them fresh. So when we weren't doing photos/ceremony, they were in the vases in box to keep them out of the way in the limo. When we got to the reception, we just put the vases on the table and used them as decor. My flowers lasted for almost two weeks after my wedding.

• ashcolyerashcolyer member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    Oh man my flowers ended up being the biggest headache and the one thing I thought would be simple! I went back through my emails to find this info. My original budget was $2000. 

I switched florists like 3 weeks out because my first pick was a complete and utter mess. I can share more in pm if necessary but it was Petals of Love in Brook Park. Lost a $200 deposit. 

Switched to Roses for Weddings and ended up spending $1350 which included delivery at 2 sites (ceremony and reception), brides bouquet (purple mini callas ivory wrapped), 6 bridesmaids (white mini callas ivory wrapped), 7 boutonnieres, 2 mini bouquets for moms, 13 centerpieces (ivory roses, purple carnations and babies breath). 

Also went to Flowerama for additional corsages and  boutonnieres for non wedding party members, think we got another 10-15 items? Also 2 dozen single ivory roses. Spent around $200 and we picked them up. 

So even losing my original deposit, I still spent less then planned and WAY less then original quote I was given. Shop around and go see Ety ;)

Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards