Attire & Accessories Forum

Veil decisions!

Hey everyone! I have a terrible time making a decision so I am coming to you for help. What kind of veil do you think will go with my dress? Don't mind my awkward looking face this was the first time I tried on my dress so I was taking it all in. Anyway, I was thinking about having an elbow length horsehair veil. What do you guys think any suggestions are welcome! Thank you!

Re: Veil decisions!

• Elbow looks like it may hit you at a point that might make you look heavier. I've got a big butt, and elbow was sitting right above it, and I looked shorter and heavier. Drop to fingertip, much better.

I'd get some tulle - 2 yards should be plenty - and hold it to see what looks frumpy (on me, that's waist to elbow) and what makes you look like a model (on me, fingertip or at least as long as my dress train).

What's the back like? From front, I'd consider a ribbon edge and/or beading.
  • Beautiful dress! I think with this dress, less is more when it comes to the veil. I'd do a single-layer fingertip-length veil. Anything shoulder or elbow length may make you look boxy up top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards