Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Elms Mansion Brides - Day of Coordinator

I'm wondering if Elms brides hired a separate day-of coordinator for their weddings? I know the venue offers an on-site coordinator, so I am wondering if it's worth it to hire someone else. Wouldn't that be duplicating some efforts? Any advice would be appreciated!!

Re: Elms Mansion Brides - Day of Coordinator

• Options
    Hi

The Elms coordinator is really good, but just for peace of mind I had a separate day of coordinator to handle all those little things that occur outside of the venue (i.e. transportation, makeup and hair, photographer).  There is SOOOO much going on the day of the wedding and I was really thankful to have 2x the coordinator power to keep things flowing and take care of any little (or big) issues arose.  Luckily just a couple of little issues popped up and two (w/transportation and returning our wedding certificate which we forgot by the end of the night!) was probably only going to be handled by our outside coordinator (which she did in a flash).  
    dml
  • Options
    Thanks! That's really helpful!
  • Options
    I would agree!  I recently got married at the Elms, and Judy is very sweet and helpful, but there are many more things that happen outside of your venue that you could use a helping hand with.  

Also, there were a few negotiations that took place with the Elms regarding type of food at the reception, reception start time, etc. that were a bit tricky.  It helped to have a 3rd party there that already knows and works with the Elms to help me to get the things I wanted.  Remember, you're probably not going to be a repeat customer, but your planner has the ability to continue to drive business to the Elms or not drive business to the Elms  based on those experiences.

Just some food for thought!  Our reception at the Elms turned out perfectly and the food was great!  Our guests loved the outdoor courtyard!
  • Options
    Thanks! Do you mind telling me who you used? I'm about 6 months out and starting to realize that I don't know exactly how the whole thing works. Eeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards