Chit Chat

If a zombie bites a vampire...

Will the vampire get infected and become a zombie? A zombie vampire? Will the zombie who bit it get vampire powers? A mixed-breed monster? A zampire or a vombie? These are important questions, people! 

Re: If a zombie bites a vampire...

• esstee33 said:
    I'm sure the vampire wouldn't become a zombie, because in order to turn, you have to die first (you know, in theory). If vampires can only die if certain criteria are met (stakes, sunlight, etc.) it would be pretty rare for a vampire to be injured so severely by a zombie bite that they'd actually die and turn. 

And I'm sure the zombie would't become a vampire, because in order to turn into a vampire (in theory...) you have to be mostly drained first, right? And then you'd have to ingest pretty substantial quantities of vampire blood to change. 

I guess this really depends also on which fictionalized version of zombies and vampires you're talking about.

FTW!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What if it was Zombie George Washington and he had wooden teeth?

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    ALSO I'm pretty sure vampire blood can only turn you if you still have a beating heart, and zombies probably no longer have a heartbeat if you have to die first to turn. 

(ETA: I was REALLY HARDCORE into Anne Rice in high school, in case anyone can't tell...)
  • esstee33 said:
    ALSO I'm pretty sure vampire blood can only turn you if you still have a beating heart, and zombies probably no longer have a heartbeat if you have to die first to turn. 

(ETA: I was REALLY HARDCORE into Anne Rice in high school, in case anyone can't tell...)
    So if Zombie George Washington bites Vampire Thomas Jefferson with his wooden teeth, he dies shortly and then becomes a Vambie, when he bites people would they become vampires or zombies?

• What if the special, mysterious zombie virus was a thing that could kill the vampire? Would he die from it like the people on Walking Dead die from bites, and then come back but move around really slow? And then when he tried to eat people and he bit them but they got away, would they be BOTH a zombie and a vampire then too? (let's assume all you need to turn into a vampire is to survive a bite). 

OR if the vampire bit the zombie but didn't die from the virus, would he be a carrier for the virus? Would the people he bites take on characteristics of both, die from the virus, or just be a vampire? (Again, assuming all they nee to turn into a vampire is survive a bite. I know that's not really legit, I read Ann Rice too ;)
  • edited October 2014
    What if a zombie bites a werewolf? ETA or a werewolf eats a zombie? Tainted meeeeaaaat!

• But if vampire blood can bring you back to health (True Blood), couldn't it theoretically make a zombie 'alive' again?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What if a zombie bites a werewolf? ETA or a werewolf eats a zombie? Tainted meeeeaaaat!
    I think the werewolf would die, and the zombie would become a dead werewolf... or maybe it wouldn't have enough "life force" to change all the way and would just be a really hairy zombie. 
  • Depends wholly on the universe one is in. Take Hellsing, for example. In that world, you have the thralls created by vampires and they're functionally more like zombies. Their rule is if you're bitten by a vampire, you're a thrall unless you happen to have been a virgin, in which case you turn into a full vampire yourself, with a mental connection to your sire.

In most universes, though, zombies and vampires are incompatible. Humans can be turned into one or the other but not both since they're different forms of undeath.

Additionally, AFAIK in most worlds that have both, the zombies are often not the result of a virus but some form of magic instead, i.e. have been raised by a voodoo practitioner or a necromancer.
  • Depends wholly on the universe one is in. Take Hellsing, for example. In that world, you have the thralls created by vampires and they're functionally more like zombies. Their rule is if you're bitten by a vampire, you're a thrall unless you happen to have been a virgin, in which case you turn into a full vampire yourself, with a mental connection to your sire.

In most universes, though, zombies and vampires are incompatible. Humans can be turned into one or the other but not both since they're different forms of undeath.

Additionally, AFAIK in most worlds that have both, the zombies are often not the result of a virus but some form of magic instead, i.e. have been raised by a voodoo practitioner or a necromancer.
    We have an expert in the house! So what if a werewolf bites a vampire? 
  • But if vampire blood can bring you back to health (True Blood), couldn't it theoretically make a zombie 'alive' again?
    Maybe, but I kinda doubt it. I think in most universes that have zombies, the body is dead but the brain is alive. In most universes that have vampires, you have to have a beating heart. I suppose in the hypothetical situation in which you have both and a vampire bites a zombie, they'd have to get their heart beating again first. 

If vampire blood could turn corpses into vampires, why wouldn't vampires take over the world with an army of the undead? 

There is entirely too much logic going on here.

What if a virgin with a silver grill gets bitten and turns into a vampire, then bites his own tongue. Would he die?

• What if a zombie bites a werewolf? ETA or a werewolf eats a zombie? Tainted meeeeaaaat!
    I used to play this video game called Scribblenauts, in which you could summon things to solve puzzles to work through the levels. So, like, in a hypothetical puzzle that involves feeding something, you could summon a pig, then a chef, then a knife, then give the knife to the chef, and he'll slaughter the pig and cook it. 

But THE BEST part of that game was just summoning random shit to fight it out -- so you could summon a vampire and a werewolf and they'd fight, because they're "enemies." You could summon Cthulhu which would, obviously, just kill everything else in sight. It was awesome. 
  • Why are vampires and werewolves enemies, anyway? Unnecessary. 
  • esstee33 said:
    I'm sure the vampire wouldn't become a zombie, because in order to turn, you have to die first (you know, in theory). If vampires can only die if certain criteria are met (stakes, sunlight, etc.) it would be pretty rare for a vampire to be injured so severely by a zombie bite that they'd actually die and turn. 

And I'm sure the zombie would't become a vampire, because in order to turn into a vampire (in theory...) you have to be mostly drained first, right? And then you'd have to ingest pretty substantial quantities of vampire blood to change. 

I guess this really depends also on which fictionalized version of zombies and vampires you're talking about.
    This is usually my go to answer...then I expand below.

Vampires are dead flesh, so are zombies. Neither would be interested in the other. Zombies, depending on what verse were in, want to chow down on the living. Our brains, our flesh, whatever. And vampires, depending on verse, want to drink the blood of the living. Zombies aren't living, so vamps are so not interested in them. And vampires are dead too, so zombies don't want them, same way zombies don't chow down on each other.

Now outside of that Twilight shit, can a vampire turn a werewolf? Cause they are technically still living humans. I'd imagine a werewolf wouldn't be interested in turning a vampire, they usually only bite living humans going about normal lives.

There is entirely too much logic going on here.

What if a virgin with a silver grill gets bitten and turns into a vampire, then bites his own tongue. Would he die?

Depends on verse. Buffy verse? Nope, vamps could totally handle silver there. True Blood? Might not die but it's gonna burn like a motherfucker. Twilight? Who the fuck cares cause you're a virgin in Twilight and you won't get laid for like 100 years, and when you do get laid it will be by some whiny ass chick who falls down a lot.
  • Ew keep Twilight out of all this. I like pretending it doesn't exist.

What if a zombie bit Lord Voldemort?

NO DON'T DO THAT.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • No to the Vampire changing, because they're already undead. (For some reason I can only think of the quote from a Song of Ice and Fire: "What's Dead may never die.")

I'm also guessing no to the zombie becoming a vampire, because it seems like there would need to be some blood circulation for the change to occur once the blood exchange takes place.  In the unlikely event that it could happen, I hypothesize that the zombie vampires would look something like the brutish undead described in Interview with the Vampire, when Louis and Claudia go looking for their relatives/ancestors.  

In HP, zombies are created by magic, and normally controlled by dark powers/ wizards. It's highly unlikely that one of Voldermorts own minions would bite him. Of course this is contingent on the idea that the zombies are from the HP universe.

In other cases I think Voldermort is powerfull enough to create a potion or spell that makes him immune to the zombie virus.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I'm being a vampire for our Halloween party tomorrow. I've waited for YEARS to be a vampire because I did not want to do it at the height of the stupid Twilight craze and be associated with that garbage. Bleh. I have nothing but hatred and rage for that series. 

As a writer, I tried reading one of the books before any of the movies came out because my roommate gave it to me and said it was SOOO good, and I had never heard of it before so I gave it a shot. I got 20 pages in and was like "holy shit this is absolutely the WORST writing I've ever come across." Never mind the shitty plot or terrible characters. It was just bad bad bad. I could not continue on, and when I saw that a movie was being made out of it, my writer ego shit its pants. 
  • I think that, as they're both undead, nothing will happen. One cancels the other out as they are both negatives. I can't believe I'm even saying this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that, as they're both undead, nothing will happen. One cancels the other out as they are both negatives. I can't believe I'm even saying this.

BUT you can't be un-un-dead. That's a double negative. So maybe it makes you ALIVE.

• falsara said:
    Ew keep Twilight out of all this. I like pretending it doesn't exist.

In HP, zombies are created by magic, and normally controlled by dark powers/ wizards. It's highly unlikely that one of Voldermorts own minions would bite him. Of course this is contingent on the idea that the zombies are from the HP universe. In other cases I think Voldermort is powerfull enough to create a potion or spell that makes him immune to the zombie virus.
    Are ZOMBIES created by magic, or are INFERI created by magic? Cus I think they were different, although I don't really remember a specific reference to them in the books??? (I could be wrong, I've missed my annual HP bingefest the last two years in a row)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Zombie=virus

Inferi=Magic

• I love this thread. Stephen King needs to write this book and answer the question once and for all. So many costume ideas...
  • It doesn't matter. My gun is loaded, lolo has a car full of them, lacquered can fire a cross bow with one hand. All these fuckers are gonna die if they come for us.

(What I said is true, but really I couldn't keep up with all of y'alls reasoning so I'm killing 'em all).
  • This was a fascinating read!

image   image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards