Snarky Brides

What to eat before ceremony?

As I get migraines from not eating, I know I need food. I worked in a 90 minute block to go eat. But not sure where or what.

Schedule is

8 am - get up
9 am - breakfast, likely McDonald's or similar
10 am - Hair, manicure, pedicure for MIL, step mom, MOH, flower girl and me. Nibbly bit trays - fruit, veggies type.
2 pm - late lunch
3:30 pm - back to hotel, get makeup on, get dressed.
4:30 pm - First Look with DF
5:00 pm - head to church (3 minute walk), quiet time with DF.
5:45 pm - First Looks with parents
6:15 pm - get everyone in line
6:30 pm - ceremony start time
7:30 pm - Wedding party pictures, will have some appetizers. Shouldn't take too long, hit cocktail hour (7 pm official start, knowing family, they will get there around 7:30.)
8:15-8:30 pm - reception.

Re: What to eat before ceremony?

• edited October 2014
    I'd just pick a place where you'll have lots of options. I normally eat quite frequently and get cranky if I don't, but my anxious tummy just wasn't feeling it the day of. I had about 2 bites of English muffin sit like a rock for the better part of the morning/early afternoon. Barely touched the coffee cake/fruit/etc we had for hair/makeup. Destroyed some brie once we got to the venue to get dressed though!

In hindsight, it's a wonder I wasn't shitfaced. While the food didn't sound good, the champagne definitely did!

• jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    As a migraine sufferer, I would recommend something caffeinated (unless you have already managed to be caffeine-free) and something tried and true.  I don't think now would be the time to try something new at a restaurant in the spirit of it being "a special day".  So I would pack whatever you normally have for lunch that you know doesn't exacerbate them if you have food triggers and eat at home or the hotel.  I'd also have a little tote and keep something like a few Lara bars or some trail mix to have handy.
  • Sadly, my anxiety likes to make me eat more, not less. So I know I need food. Stupid anxiety, I over eat and can't sleep. Then I proceed to over think everything.

Got caffeine, granted, drinking any after 2 means I'll be climbing walls at 4 am. Oh well.

I'm probably not going to be too lit. Maybe.
  • I would say eat what you eat on a normal day. Lots of healthy, filling foods.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sadly, my anxiety likes to make me eat more, not less. So I know I need food. Stupid anxiety, I over eat and can't sleep. Then I proceed to over think everything.

Got caffeine, granted, drinking any after 2 means I'll be climbing walls at 4 am. Oh well.

I'm probably not going to be too lit. Maybe.

I'm normally the same way! I was pretty pissed I couldn't eat. I had Annabelle in my head telling me to eat a greasy burger and just wasn't hungry.

Just have lots of your normal foods around and don't stress about it.

• I am usually starving by lunch, but the day of my wedding I literally ate half a donut until after the ceremony. Then once we were taking pictures and they brought us the cocktail hour food I was like OMG ALL THE FOODS! Then one of my BMs had to loosen my dress (corset back thank God) because I had stuffed myself!
  • It's these kind of details I've been stressing about lately, too! Wedding in a little over two weeks. blech on stress.

I personally have a finicky tummy, especially when I'm excited or stressed, so I'm trying to have lots of non-intense for the tummy (or breath) foods available.

I'd have some non-greasy non-runny snacks available, and for lunch run of the mill foods that give energy. Whole grains, some veggies and fruits are the route I'm trying to go, thanks to my stupid tummy hating all things even mildly 'unhealthy.' 

I don't know what foods keep you happy and filled with energy, but I'd stick with those! :) 
  • Eat whatever you normally eat.  Pick a restaurant or take out place that you know you like and enjoy. Or pack a lunch.  Don't over think this.

Just have some tums or immodium on hand, if you are like me and have a belly that gets all sorts of crazy when it is nervous no matter what you eat.  Also, mouthwash and toothbrush/toothpaste for after you are done eating.

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014

For last DD's wedding in June we ordered box lunches from Panera and ate them between the salon and getting dressed.  It was a good "down time" for us too.  I had my DH pick them up and take them to the hotel so they were waiting for us.

ETA - it was really important to us to make sure the BM's, photographer, and DOC had a chance to eat a decent lunch.  They groom and his guys had tons of time to get lunch on their own, but I wanted to make sure everyone else was well fed and not woozy when wedding time rolled around.

• We picked up sandwiches, salads and sides from a local deli for lunch the day of my wedding.  It was filling, but not heavy.  I also packed some granola bars and fruit salad for snacking.  I think the advice of sticking with tried and true foods is solid - your wedding day is not the day to be experimenting.
  • The lady at the B&B we got ready at made us up an amazing spread of fruits and veggies to nibble on, and some lovely tortilla roll-ups (cream cheese, veggies, etc, about two or three different kinds).  It was nice and light, and wonderful to eat without getting uncomfortably full.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • My bridesmaids picked up stuff from Panera for us to eat while we got ready. 

Does your hotel offer room service. If you've got it in your budget, just have something ordered up to your room so you can relax and casually eat as you get ready. 

My DH's family dragged him out to lunch at Olive Garden (it was across the street from our hotel). 
  • Eat whatever you normally eat and food you know won't make you feel crappy. If that means packing a lunch, pack a lunch. 

I'd also bring a little bag of almonds and chocolate covered cherries (it's my jam) for a protein/carb snack if you need something quick. If you need caffeine and don't want to risk spilling on your dress, chocolate covered espresso beans are delicious! Or pop and excedrin or two.
    *********************************************************************************

• We packed homemade sandwiches, muffins, granola bars, bananas, and bite-size crackers.  All light, all not messy.  

• Ok, I'm getting slightly lit. We got the champagne going. MOH is sober (very adorably pregnant) and we still proceeded to dance around to Halestorm.

Had breakfast. Have had some fruit. And haven't needed any anxiety meds.

Ok, I'm getting off my phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards