Chit Chat

When you confuse TK with the real world...

My company is in the middle of open enrollment for changing and updating health benefits. I have been having trouble getting my FI to show up as my beneficiary. So I started an online chat with the benefits department and I had to explain what the problem was. I literally wrote "I cannot get my FI to show up as my beneficiary". 

I can't wait for the response to explain that one...

Have any of you ladies done something similar?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When you confuse TK with the real world...

• I used to have to stop myself from calling H "fee" when we were engaged and I was talking to people about him. I feel your pain!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I rather like saying "my Dee- Ayche" rather than husband, but that wouldn't make sense to anybody but you guys....

• I've caught myself calling him "Fee" verbally. No Lolo, he has a name and it's not "Fee." He's not even a FI anymore. 

• I've been reading "Feye" all this time!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• DH's name starts with an F. I kept referring to him as FI in text messages/emails, etc. I usually caught it before pressing send but it was occasionally embarrassing.

Now that we're married, it's actually easier. I'm getting such a kick out of referring to him as my husband!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had a dream about TK last night. An old roomie, who I hated and recently got engaged, was clearly on here and I wanted to curl up and cry. That and I use the word snarky in my regularly vocabulary now more than ever. 

• I have a blog and at one point I had to go through all of my entries and change "FI" and "DH" to "fiancé" and "husband". I'm sure my readers had no clue what I was talking about until I made the changes.

• I texted my mom "Me and FI will be over later" and texted back "Hi Sophie, I'll so you guys when you get here" because I go by Fi with my family so she assumed that it was FI using my phone calling me Fi but capitlizing both letters for whatever reason.

Was the that confusing enough? Also I did not correct my mother.
  • I've used SO and other various abbreviations from here while texting friends before. The worst was when I asked a friend what her STD looked like. That got a big "What the fuck are talking about?" from her!

• I've used SO and other various abbreviations from here while texting friends before. The worst was when I asked a friend what her STD looked like. That got a big "What the fuck are talking about?" from her!
    Yessss on the STD reaction.

"I gave STDs to all my guests." Derrr...... 
    *********************************************************************************

Yessss on the STD reaction.

"I gave STDs to all my guests." Derrr...... 
    I caught myself before I referred to them as STDs SOOOOOOOOOOOO many times.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Eh I dream about TK sometimes. And a lot of you ladies are in my dreams. I had such an elaborate dream the other night about @loveislouder telling FI and I to go this amazing shop and we couldn't pay the £84 for a chocolate bar so the guy said I could give him blowjobs in exchange. And I kept asking loveislouder but why why did you tell us to come here?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have caught myself using FI or DH or something similar in real life.  I've caught  myself before hitting send though.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • LOL @raissyrais I want to say I'm sorry for putting you in that position but on the inside I'm laughing too hard at the thought of you and your FI sitting there with this perplexed WTF look on your faces.
  • LOL @raissyrais I want to say I'm sorry for putting you in that position but on the inside I'm laughing too hard at the thought of you and your FI sitting there with this perplexed WTF look on your faces.
    You were confused too, so I don't think you were expecting it! And FI's body language in the dream was:" Just give the guy the blow job and let's get out of here! He'll kill us!". Jackass lol. The guy you were working for looked like Freddy Rodriguez!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had written out a list for our photog of combinations of pictures we wanted: "Alikat & BMs, Alikat & MOH, Alikat & GM" etc. DH's aunt offered to help out getting the right people up for pics and kept asking things like "what does BM mean?" Oops...
  • I used STD in a text with my mom and you could imagine how that went
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards