Louisiana-New Orleans

Help! DW in NOLA Feb-March 2015- need advice re: planners, venue, etc.

Hello Everyone! I'm in the very beginning stages of planning our destination wedding in NOLA (we live in Vegas) for early 2015. I'd LOVE recommendations as to planners (full service probably)- I've spoken to Lulu Alexander, Kelly Sherlock & Carolyn at All About Events- liked all 3, any input would be fantastic! Our budget isn't huge as we're footing the bill (around 25K ish) & the headcount is prob around 100-125. Any suggestions/ideas/opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you! :) -t.

Re: Help! DW in NOLA Feb-March 2015- need advice re: planners, venue, etc.

• what locations did you have in mind? or I should say what kind of venue/space are you looking for (downtown, plantation, park etc)

We are getting married February 7 @ the Riverview Room downtown Nola…The ladies there are great with helping to plan everything :) 
  • lyzarlyzar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    I worked with Lulu and was incredibly disappointed. Another bride who got married a month before me had a very similar experience. I wish I had seen reviews like this before I hired her.  

You can see the full post on the Wedding Bee NOLA thread.  The link isn't working, but you can copy and paste: boards.weddingbee.com/topic/warning-nola-brides-weddings-by-lulu-wedding-planning-disaster 
  • GeauxWedGeauxWed member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2014
    I HIGHLY recommend Elyse Skansi of Tying the Knot Wedding Coordination.  

My husband and I did full planning with her, and she made the experience a dream, and our guests can't stop talking about our wedding.  We planned from afar too, though we had lived in NOLA before and had some bearings in the city.

She offers top tier services, so they're not cheap, but she is worth every single penny and then some!

The other planner we considered who also had stellar reviews was Valerie from Sapphire Events.

Best of luck with finding your planner!  I can't say enough about how great of an investment this was, and my husband (who did not originally want to spend the money) would totally agree!

• My husband was the same-- he didn't initially want us to pay for a planner but I hired Lulu Alexander to plan our complicated destination wedding and it was the BEST wedding-related decision I made.  She was a godsend and our entire weekend was perfect.  I wish we could do it all over again!
  • I recommend hiring someone ASAP because venues are going to be booked and vendors are going to be limited for that time of year. Just my opinion. I am getting married Feb 28th and come across vendors that have been booked for a year.
  • Thanks for your replies ladies! It's scary hiring a planner without meeting in person (time issue) and I appreciate your feedback! 

I'd love to stay in the Quarter, looking for a relaxed, classic New Orleans space/vibe, sort of shabby chic for lack of a better explanation.  Most important to me is that it be fun, not terribly formal, and I'd love the space to have natural architectural elements (exposed brick, french doors, etc.) so that we don't have to spend a lot on decorating, etc.

• So true I didn't even think about saying this! We booked our venue in June for this coming February & they only had a few dates here and there until July 2015!
  • I booked most of my vendors 15-17 months out from my March 7th wedding. I am having a rather large wedding though and venues are limited for our size in the quarter. Luckily I got almost everything I wanted but there were some even further dates booked in 2015 when we were looking. Happy planning! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards