Chit Chat

My costume is almost done. . . .advice and critiques welcome PIP

I have been working on my costume the past 2 nights and it is just about done.  Although one friend thought it was cotton candy, I think it's a pretty good representation of a bath pouf!  Here's my question. . . . . I used all of the light blue tulle our Michaels had in stock.  They are the only craft store around.  I want to fill out the bottom a bit more still, so I'm thinking of getting a second color to fill in as almost an underlayer.  Then I can move some of the ligh blue down towards the bottom.  Everything is individual knots on safety pins so it is easily moveable.  Would you go with another light color, lavender or a darker shade of blue?  So far this costume has cost be about $15 and I think it's really fun.

As an aside. . . . I got the rope at Home Depot yesterday (22 cents a foot).  When the older gentleman gets to the aisle to cut the rope for me he asked how much I needed.  I responded "enough to wrap around a body."  I wish you could have seen his face, it was amazing!!!!!!  Come on man, it's the day before Halloween, let loose a little!!!!

Re: My costume is almost done. . . .advice and critiques welcome PIP

• "Enough to wrap around a body" HAHAHA!

It looks cute but I would definitely get some more tulle to make it more poofy. Personally, I would go with a similar shade of blue.

• More poofy in a similar shade of blue or another light color would be best, I think. It looks cute!
  • Cute! You could try doing white and have it look like soap bubbles?
  • the next closest blue is like a bright blue. . . . i'm afraid it'll be too much of a contrast, although darker underneath may make it look fuller.
  • When I open the discussion the photo is gone, i'll try to add it again
  • Very cute! 

• For some reason I'm thinking like a pink color. A darker pink. Or maybe a black. I have a real shower poof that is contrasting colors.
  • kaos16 said:

I have been working on my costume the past 2 nights and it is just about done.  Although one friend thought it was cotton candy, I think it's a pretty good representation of a bath pouf!  Here's my question. . . . . I used all of the light blue tulle our Michaels had in stock.  They are the only craft store around.  I want to fill out the bottom a bit more still, so I'm thinking of getting a second color to fill in as almost an underlayer.  Then I can move some of the ligh blue down towards the bottom.  Everything is individual knots on safety pins so it is easily moveable.  Would you go with another light color, lavender or a darker shade of blue?  So far this costume has cost be about $15 and I think it's really fun.

As an aside. . . . I got the rope at Home Depot yesterday (22 cents a foot).  When the older gentleman gets to the aisle to cut the rope for me he asked how much I needed.  I responded "enough to wrap around a body."  I wish you could have seen his face, it was amazing!!!!!!  Come on man, it's the day before Halloween, let loose a little!!!!

Hahahaha! That is hilarious! 

I love this costume. I do think you should add some in to make you more poofy. I think white would look OK. Ditto that maybe it would look like soap bubbles?
  • Maybe add balloons to your head or the costume too! BUBBLES! 

• OK the balloon bubbles are adorbs. Can you make a fascinator with a rubber duckie on it?!

I'd go with white tulle under the blue for fullness.

• Yes! A rubber ducky is totally needed! 
  • Yes to balloon bubbles and yes to rubber ducky.  

It does need to be a little more poofy.  

• so maybe i'll get white for underneath. . . that also comes in wider rolls which will add fluff.  I think the balloons are a cute idea. . . . . maybe they'll have that pearlized almost iridescent white.  that'll look like the reflection you get in soap bubbles.
  • More poof, balling bubbles and a rubber ducky.

Seriously, that was hard to understand Home Depot guy? Try "How would I tie a noose on a box of cereal?" (Cereal Killer) or "Oh, you have stuffed dog toys! What color of spray paint is good for blood? Hrm, which orange is more mean?" (Jurassic Park dinosaur, Jurassic Park ranger who was carrying a mutilated bunny)
  • I say white underneath.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards