Flowers

etiquette on flowers--who pays for bridal bouquet?

I know groom pays for groomsmen's boutonnieres and the bride pays for bridesmaids' bouquets (I think) but who pays for bride's bouquet?  I thought I heard the groom but want to be sure this is proper 

Answers

• Now a days there is no set rule for who pays for what. Ultimately, the bride and groom are responsible for paying for everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    My florist stated the tradition was the groom's family paid for the bouts and the bride's bouquet. We didn't go in that direction. This isn't an etiquette thing at all. Like @Denise40‌ said, its ultimately up to the bride and groom to pay for everything. If yiur future in laws offer to cover some of the floral then go for it, otherwise its on you/whoever is paying.

• It's the bride and groom's responsibility to pay for everything.
    *********************************************************************************

• I bought my own bouquet. There aren't really any rules on this.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Well as me and DH (!!!) paid for everything. I honestly don't know most of the "traditions" about who pays for what, and I never heard of a specific tradition about bouts or bouquets or flowers at all! I guess if we were to split it, I would have paid for my bouquet and DH would have paid for his bout, but as it it was all purchased from the same place and it was all one invoice, he just wrote one check for everything (which also included our altar and table/chair decorations).
  • FI and I wrote the check for the florists deposit. We are paying for the wedding on our own mostly. The only help we have received is my dad (brides) paid for the photographer and an additional $500 check and my mom (brides) paid for my wedding dress and veil and a brooch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MOB paid for everything, including FI's mom's and dad's personal flowers, because my daughter and her FI didnt offer when they were making the selections. They know I know they had no money. MOG asked me about grandmother flowers and I just gave her the name of the florist we were using if she wanted to get that generation some personal flowers. She didn't (cheap woman in so many ways).
  • FI and I are paying for our flowers (although we're going silk for mine and the throw-away and inexpensive for everything else, so hardly a large expense). We've mostly just taken turns writing checks throughout the whole process -- at the end, it's all going to be the same pot of money anyway, so I'm not sure it really matters which of us technically pays. 
  • It is an Italian tradition that the groom buys the brides bouquet and delivers it to her the morning of the wedding as his last gift to her before they marry. I have never heard anything about this otherwise and I think whoever is paying for the florist would also pay for the bouquet.
  • DH and I paid for flowers out of our wedding budget -  bouts, bouquets, the centerpieces, and even my bouquet! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards