Chit Chat

Friday confessions

13»

Re: Friday confessions

• Thank you! I just ordered it! We will have the prettiest pumpkin cake ever this year!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @ohanabelle - do the cakes really look that good out of the pan? What's the trick? Do you just have to butter the shit out of them? 

I always hesitate to buy pans like this because 1) I think it will never turn out and 2) they look like a PITA to clean. 
    *********************************************************************************

• They come out beautifully. I do a cooking spray and light dusting of flour. Use specific bundt/ pound cake recipes, rather than a cake mix (which are kind of icky spongy sweet, anyway.) They're heavier, more solid cakes, and you don't get weird air holes.
    Nordic Ware is the best. Really heavy, great quality, truly superior non stick surface. Easy cleaning.

I tried a Wilton pan once, and hated it. The cake broke, it was a huge PITA to clean. But the Nordic Ware, love them. 
  • I'm pregnant!!!!!!  Just found out this week.  It's really early.  The dr thinks I'm only about 4 weeks.  Still exciting and it's hard to not tell anyone.

Oh and my BFF is also pregnant.  She goes for her 6 week checkup on Monday!
    Congrats!!!!

My confession is that whenever someone tells me how far along they are, I count back and try to figure out when they conceived. 
    When I made a comment about all the late October birthdays I had to stop myself from referencing Valentine's Day conception.
    That's what I do when I want to make my little sister squicked out. On her birthday I tell her my dad got a really good birthday present X years ago today. 

I'm a horrible sister. HEY another Friday confession!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • confession: Having major technical issues at work today (just my computer - I work with huge files and supposed to be on my own server to combat system slowness....didn't work today) and there's a project supposed to be turned in by 5.  My computer was literally frozen for 2.5 hours.  Working now, but since I'm not going to finish within the hour anyway, I am leaving early because "my files crashed".
  • jdluvr06 said:
    Confession: I've eaten nothing but candy today.
    In that same spirit: I scoffed when my coworker offered me some candy.  But then I went back and ate some later.  

• levioosa said:

jdluvr06 said:

Confession: I've eaten nothing but candy today.

In that same spirit: I scoffed when my coworker offered me some candy.  But then I went back and ate some later.  

I ate almost a whole box of Trader Joe's dark chocolate pumpkin spice salted caramels. My only regret is letting my sister eat one.

• jenna8984 said:
    @ohannabelle I wish my mom was like you....You know the people who kill all plants? My mother is that but with baked goods. I have no idea what a bundt cake even is, she didn't even teach me how to make god damn muffins- muffins!!!!!!!
    Girl we got the same mom. I love her, she's a wondeful woman and taught me a lot. But she makes chocolate chips cookies using a boxed mix and calls that baking. 

I can't cook but I can make cookies! 
  • We stopped by my IL's house on our way to the beach. MIL made burgers, so we had one. Those suckers were WELL DONE. I slipped 1/3 of the burger to their dog under the table.
  • I've eaten a lot of Halloween candy the past couple days.  Then, the front desk lady bought another bag in case we got trick-or-treaters.  We got one.  So we'll all be eating more Halloween candy over the next couple days.  And we're all supposed to be working out and on diets because we have a weight loss challenge going on right now.

I don't think anybody is going to win.
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I want a baby like, now. But DH does not. I say okay, but it's still a secret how I have dreams and reaaalllyyy want to have a baby now.

That house we are building is TOO BIG to not have a baby. Or two.

image   image   image

• Confession: I scheduled my oral surgery for two weeks from now and I'm flat out terrified.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Confession: I'm a drunkie slothie and currently peeing in the men's room.

I want to pee in the men's room.. So daring..

image   image   image

Confession: When there are two single bathrooms (like at Starbucks) and the women's is occupied, I always pee in the men's room.
    *********************************************************************************

• Confession: I turned off the porch light early so I could have all the leftover candy for myself :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Confession: When there are two single bathrooms (like at Starbucks) and the women's is occupied, I always pee in the men's room.
    Ditto
  • Confession: I scheduled my oral surgery for two weeks from now and I'm flat out terrified.
    Hugs! I'm sure it will be fine. Paging @ohannabelle for some soothing mom noises.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

It will be fine! And your gorgeous , healthy new smile will be so worth it!

• Sunday confession - I've been up for two hours and already want a nap

One time I had to pee SO BAD at Kohl's, I made a beeline straight for the restrooms.  Went in and peed.  Came out, and the restroom looked....wrong.  Then I noticed all the urinals.  Oops.  Luckily nobody was in there so I raced to wash my hands and zoom outta there before somebody saw me.

• Another  confession, I have the worst hangover and I began the day with a "hair of the dog that bit me" so to speak. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sunday confession? I can't get this damn black Halloween hairspray-paint crap out of my hair and now it's in a huge knot and is gonna be hell to wash and brush, even if I use half a bottle of conditioner.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Sunday confession - I just wish the holidays would be over before they begin.
  • My Sunday confession- I went crazy on the baking: zucchini bread, English muffin bread, apple cake, and pumpkin chocolate chip casks. I've given away a few loaves of bread and half of the apple cake but it's still excessive. It was a good day- baking, crappy holiday movies and overindulging in zucchini bread.

The boys are disappointed in my baking: I didn't realize how appalled they would be by the idea of baked goods with fruit/veggies in them. Seasonal goodies are wasted on them. More for me, I guess.
  • Sunday confession: My caprese pasta was turning out great until I realized I stupidly forgot to buy cheese. There was no sense going all the way back to the store just to buy cheese...so I bought cheese AND cookies. Totally worth it.

@wandajune6 you can send me the zucchini bread if your guys don't like it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blabla89 said:

Sunday confession: My caprese pasta was turning out great until I realized I stupidly forgot to buy cheese. There was no sense going all the way back to the store just to buy cheese...so I bought cheese AND cookies. Totally worth it.

@wandajune6 you can send me the zucchini bread if your guys don't like it.

It's only half a loaf now... It isn't actually a great recipe. Wait until I find a great one!
  • Sunday confession: I really just want to then the stove off and go to sleeeeeeep.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards