Attire & Accessories Forum

Shoes are too big!

I ordered some custom wedding flats.  I had foot surgery about a month ago, so I needed something flexible and flat.  I ordered a size up because I'm expected to have swelling for quite a while, and I figure I will be on my feet a LONG TIME on the big day...

I'm glad they're not too small... I'm hoping an innersole from the drugstore will help (and can be removed if needed if I swell up on the wedding day).  Any other suggestions?

They can't be returned since they are custom...and honestly the next size down would probably be too small for my post-op foot.

Re: Shoes are too big!

• edited October 2014
    Get cushioned heel liners too. I had two in each shoe!

• Yes, the heel grips are great. I have the ones that stick to the inside of the back of the shoe and they help a lot. I also have "athletic" insoles in mine (they are something like terrycloth) because they're thicker than the regular ones.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I will look for all of those and see what feels best!

yay! 
  • I have slightly too large flats, and getting a gel insole really helped.  I also have been known to fold up paper towels and stick them in the toe! ;)
  • Best advice: buy a pair of cheap back up flats at Payless or somewhere.  Even if they're hideous white satin dyeables.  When a shoe is too big, it slides around.  All the cushions in the world won't make it a perfect fit.  When the cushions/pads start to slip or don't fill the space enough, you'll have a harder time walking and be uncomfortable.  Have a back up plan.  You can get photos with the custom shoes, but wear the ones that actually fit when the custom ones aren't working.

And if you don't end up needing the back ups, return them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards