Not Engaged Yet

FINALLY Friday (and happy Halloween!)

2»

Re: FINALLY Friday (and happy Halloween!)

• @futuremrshistorian, that is too awesome! Dance and performing is so much fun. Don't forget to share a clip with NEY if you happen to get video of you dancing! :) I've never heard of tailoring the show to the state, that's pretty cool. I guess in Maryland we'd have a bunch of dancing crabs?
  • Have not heard of that show, @AlPacina; do you remember the name? Thanks for recommending Sinister, maybe we'll watch it tonight.

I know it's been out for a while, but I still need to see Cabin in the Woods. I heard that was a fantastic movie and not too scary. But it doesn't take much to freak me out.

• @CLoGreenEyes - Cabin in the Woods was weird. I couldn't tell if it was trying to be scary or funny. It's on Netflix if you have it. BF and I watched it last year and I didn't think it was scary at all.

• @CLoGreenEyes - The show is called Deadbeat. Basically he's an unemployed idiot of a medium who makes mediocre money helping people get rid of ghosts. The ghosts have unfinished business, so he has to finish it for them. Which often involves him doing either embarassing or disgusting things.

Cat Deeley from So You Think You Can Dance is the rival medium in the show, and she is EVIL! I think she's great in it.

Aaaaaaaaaaand I just found out it's a Hulu original. So maybe that's why not many people have seen it, haha.

• @CLoGreenEyes, @BethSmiles - I hated Cabin in the Woods!

• @Swazzle - I wasn't a big fan of it either. It was definetly a let down after how much hype it got.

• @BethSmiles - I had such high hopes for it and when it ended, H and I were like WHAT THE HELL DID WE JUST SIT THROUGH AND WHY ARE WE THE ONLY ONES THAT HATED THIS. Even now, it has 91% on Rotten Tomatoes and that baffles my mind.

• @AlPacina, that has the potential both entertaining and utterly stupid. Probably I would love it, haha.

@Swazzle, :( on Cabin in the Woods! A friend of mine who is quite the connoisseur of horror movies LOVES it, but he has strange taste sometimes, lol.

• @Swazzle - I'm glad to hear someone else didn't like it! I thought I didn't like because I'm pretty picky when it comes to horror movies (and BF is even pickier than I am).

• @bethsmiles - It's easy to be picky with horror movies! So many of them aren't even scary! Mama was one that I thought had a ton of potential, but then once they actually showed the ghost it wasn't scary anymore. So disappointing.

• Gosh, this has been a nice day. I am at work, but I'm up at the desk in front of a computer for my last few shifts, and I am so enjoying my TK time! I never get to just sit here and actually keep up with threads as they happen, so I am happy right now. :)
  • @AlPacina - So true, I can't remember the last time I saw a scary movie that actually scared me. Showing the ghost, monster, whatever will pretty much always ruin the movie! Whatever we imagine will always be scarier than what they could show us!

I've found that scary video games are much more effective in the scaring department!

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

@CLoGreenEyes - I'm happy you're here! This is already more active than most days. And today I really don't feel much like working hard, haha. I have ONE THING I have to get done today. Still have to be here 8 hours, but as long as I do that one thing, I should be good to go for next week, haha. And I'm 90% done.

ETA: @bethsmiles - I will also recommend Sinister to you. The "ghost" doesn't actually show up that much in the movie, which keeps it creepier. But there are these home movies the character watches that are so freaking creepy. One of them made me full on scream. Not sure any other movie has ever made me scream before.

• @futuremrshistorian Yay for the Nutcracker.  I love that ballet.  I've performed it numerous times when I was younger with a pretty big dance company and we toured the state with it.  The professionals in the company got all the good roles.  In my teen years I was at another school we still performed the Nutcracker, and since it wasn't a professional company the teens got the "good roles" It's so much fun.  I expect pics and a video.

Anniversary

• @CLoGreenEyes - Scary movies are my favorite types of movies (I have dreams about Michael Myers, seriously) and there were parts of it that were pretty good but the end is what really ruined it for me.

@bethsmiles - You're not alone! I'm not too picky when it comes to scary movies, usually anything that makes me jump is good in my book. Although now that I'm getting older, the super gory ones just don't do it for me anymore. I prefer the serial killer type ones the best, because, to me, they're the most realistic (I don't believe in ghosts or aliens but still appreciate those movies). Halloween is hands down my most favorite of all time. 

• I can't wait for Annabelle to come to nextflix. I really enjoyed The Conjuring it creeped me out for weeks.  The best part about Halloween are all of the scary movies on.  I prefer the paranormal type of scary versus the Friday 13th stuff.

Anniversary

• I want to see pictures of all these awesome costumes!! Even though I was totally lame and didn't get a picture of mine haha
  • I'm so late to this and skimmed the whole thread so can't even remember who I wanted to respond to.
    Today is month end close at work so it's really busy for my team. 

@bethsmiles me and FI saw Tucker & Dale vs Evil probably last year too and thought it was really funny. I don't like actual scary movies so I liked that one.

@swazzle sometimes you really just need a good cry! It's cathartic.

@clogreeneyes congrats on the offer!

Tonight I'll try to motivate myself to workout again but maybe order a pizza because it's Friday and it's been a long week. My friend invited me over to our other friends' house to hang out and I might go over. I don't know if I feel like it yet, I'm lazy and an introvert and enjoy spending time home alone. We'll see. Hopefully I can stay up late enough so see FI when he gets home from work.
    FI thinks I'm so mean because I'm not giving out candy- we live on the 3rd floor, I am not walking down the damn stairs every time the bell rings!

• @CLoGreenEyes congrats on the official job offer! 

BF probably has to work late tonight, so I don't think he will be participating in any festivities. 

My apartment complex is doing a Murder Mystery Party on the roof (where the pool/sun deck is located), and I invited a friend of mine to come with me. Costumes are encouraged, so we are both dressing up. I don't know what she will be yet, but I am wearing my Red Riding Hood costume from last year. I got a new red lipstick to go with it though. The party only goes until 8:30 pm, so I imagine we might end up going out to bars with some of our neighbors after that. Maybe BF will meet us. 

Tomorrow, BF and I are going to look for new costumes during the day (we kind of lost track of time haha). Maybe we can get a discount! And then the group for 20 somethings that I am a board member of is doing a bar crawl in costume that we are going to tomorrow night. It's going to be a busy but fun weekend! 

• @aurorarose41 That sounds REALLY fun!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira I'm excited! Although I have no idea what I want to be tomorrow for the bar crawl. All of the costumes that I like from party city and spirit are online only orders. It's going to be interesting trying to find something that I like. But at least I have some good ideas for next year!

• @CLoGreenEyes and @peaseblossom55 - There will definitely be pics...video not so sure about, but one of these days I need to get some of my Zumba routines up online.
  • I'm all bummed out. Not a good week to be a space enthusiast. Antares on Tuesday, Virgin Galactic today ...
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

@KeptInStitches - I just read about it. How terrible! I want to say thankfully there were few lost, considering the first rocket was unmanned, but any life lost is too many. I'm a space enthusiast too. I miss NASA. :(

So did you watch the new Cosmos?

• @alpacina - obsessively. Both Cosmos series were good, but I do have a slight preference for the original.
  • So you guys were all correct about Cabin in the Woods. What the hellllllllll was that?? Not a satisfying Halloween movie at all.
  • @KeptInStitches - You really can't beat Carl Sagan's voice. Especially when it comes to talking about science-y things.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards