Attire & Accessories Forum

Buying veil online

Hello, ladies! I've read all the horrible things about buying dresses and accessories online which has me in a bit of a bind. I would love to buy my veil online, I'm sure there are reputable dealers and I just don't have $150 to put into one accessory. Do any of you know any reputable online shops where I could find a discounted veil?
Just Married!

Re: Buying veil online

• I don't have any specific to recommend, but you may consider purchasing from vendors on Etsy located in the US (to save on shipping) that have high ratings. 

• I bought mine from an Etsy Store called OBridal Veil.  They were excellent to work with and did a beautiful custom veil for me.  They were only a tad cheaper than it would have been in the bridal store ($220 vs $270) but it is exactly what I envisioned and wanted.  I highly highly highly recommend them.  They have veils in all price ranges as well. :)
  • I got mine on Etsy as well, at https://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplyBlueBridal  I had no issues.  It as fast shipping. I ordered some swatches first, which was $5 but they deducted that from my purchase price when I bought the veil.  I knew I was only wearing it for the ceremony and pictures and just wanted basic/simple and def didn't want to spend a fortune on it.   
  • I bought mine from lightinthebox.com (one of those Chinese knockoff sites), because I didn't see any way they could screw up a couple pieces of tulle on a plastic comb. It cost less than $15 including shipping and it looks exactly like the plain $150 ones at bridal salons. If you want a simple one, I wouldn't hesitate just to order a cheap one. Even it sucks you're barely out any money, and mine looks great.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got mine from Ebay because I forgot to budget for a veil and I'm broke. I got lucky and found a nice one for like $5 but it's hit or miss and you have to pay attention to the reviewers; not to mention that it takes like a month to get the things you ordered most of the time and what you get isn't necessarily what you saw online. So if you want to use Ebay, use caution and pay attention to the reviews and ratings. It's good for cheap but you may not get the best quality stuff.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i got mine from usabride.com it was a finger tip veil with delicate  swarovski crystals  on edging i paied around 100 for it including shipping on my last bridal fitting it came in and i tried it on with my dress the seamstress and my mom said something is not right with the veil turns out it was way to short. salon ended up buying it off of me and selling me one at a discount that was way better

make sure you go with a ligit company and read reviews 
  • I used this etsy shop and its gorgeous...much less expensive than anything I liked in store, and it arrived the day after I ordered it. 

• You can go to see if there are any on etsy.com,there are many discount veils on it and most of they just need about $50.
  • I got one from eBay for around $12, from China. I knew I had to at least try it out to see how it was for that price, and if it didn't work out I wasn't really out anything.  I got a fingertip length lace-trimmed veil and it's honestly perfect. I'm really happy I decided to try it before I spent a lot more money. 
  • Thank you, ladies. In an unexpected stroke of luck, I ended up finding my dress at a trunk show and they threw in a veil so I can very happily cross that expense off my list.
    Just Married!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards