Snarky Brides

A gem from STFU Parents

Oh my goodness!!!

Basically, it appears that this "mama bear" took her precious 10 year old to a wedding, apparently uninvited. And when confronted, dumped her food on the bride. And is proud of it. "Who doesn't invite kids to a wedding?"

So much wrong with this >:(

Re: A gem from STFU Parents

• Right?? I would have been devastated. So not only did I not invite children, some uppity bitch who thought I should have dumps food on my wedding dress.  I can't. 

• Sounds like the "braid" is just as classy as ol' Darlene.

• Well the parent is just as much of a bitch as that bridesmaid was.  What adult goes up to a 10 year old and tells them that they are not wanted here?  Really?  The whole situation was handled poorly, starting with the parent who brought her uninvited child.  But instead of just dealing with it, the bride complained to the BM who then thought it was her place to confront the 10 year old.  And the finale was that of the Mother going up to the bride to bitch at her and dump food on her.

Such mature people all around.

• Meh, I find this really hard to believe. Either something is being left out, or these people need their own reality TV show. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Absolutely, this was poorly handled all around.  I think a lot of people who get posted about on STFU parents need their own reality show.

I thought I was lucky to escape the sanctimommy madness in my own social network, but now one new mom is vaguebooking about how being a mother is a privilege and you shouldn't be going out all the time when you have a baby.  Um, ok.  

• Darlene seems like she could be the type that exaggerates... did the BM flat out tell the kid she was not wanted there or did Darlene exaggerate how it was handled? I guess we'll never know....

Anniversary
  • jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Darlene seems like she could be the type that exaggerates... did the BM flat out tell the kid she was not wanted there or did Darlene exaggerate how it was handled? I guess we'll never know....
    If I were a betting woman, I would say that anyone who refers to themselves as "mama bear" and thinks acting like a boorish brute who dumps food on people is ok behavior and then brags about it isn't exactly prone to truthful storytelling.

If the bridesmaid did say something to the kid, that was wrong since the 10 yr old didn't have any say in the matter, though I have doubts that it played out the way it did.  Still doesn't excuse Darlene acting that way under the guise of "protecting her kid" (since when is it ok for parents to be "glass bowls" as long as it's for their kid - it's not like the bridesmaid was dragging the kid out of the reception by the hair).
  • A gem indeed...I would have punched that bitch in the face.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It really bothers me that people feel entitled to having their kids invited. If it really bothers you to take a night off from your kid and call a sitter... feel free to RSVP no. 

• allispain said:
    Wow the spelling. From the "braid" to "witch" to the lack of quotation marks and apostrophes. It hurts my eyes to read this, ridiculous content aside.
    It was hurting my eyes, and brain. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards