Getting in Shape

Tell me your plan!

I can't even tell you how many times I've started and stopped this healthy eating/working out business, which I'm sure is just lovely to do to my body.  Anyway, I am trying to set myself with little goals so perhaps I'll stick to it.    My goal is to run as much as possible at the gym in the next two weeks for 30 minutes, (I'd like to go 5 days each week). After the two weeks I want to incorporate the New Rules of Lifting in 3 days a week, running 3. As far as diet goes, I am a believer in the 'calorie is a calorie' mindset, so if my 1400 calories are from chicken and rice or lean cuisines or even a splurge on a cupcake, I'm okay with it.

Tell me, what helped you stay accountable.. was there a magic day that it just felt like routine for you?  I was told it's 21 days... What's your current plan and how's it working? I know there are a lot of us with 2015 weddings now, so how is your progress going?

Re: Tell me your plan!

• I'm 8 months away from my wedding - and today I'm starting a more focused nutrition and fitness plan! I'm excited. I'm a HUGE believe of 21 days of focus to create a habit - - I did this about 18 months ago, and lost 26 lbs while gaining strength. Have you ever tried joining a accountability group to help you stay on track with your goals?!?!
  • I'm currently tracking calories on MFP and started StrongLifts 5x5 today. Its a 3 day a week work out, so we'll see how this goes. I'm going to take my measurements later to keep better track of my weight since I'm weight training.
  • I love MFP. So helpful.

• I love MFP as well, though I'm horrible at tracking lately LOL.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the post and run :)@missxasia I have heard of 5x5, I was torn between that and the New Rules of Lifting, I went for New Rules but haven't made it through yet... 
  • missxasiamissxasia member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I heard of that too @BreMR‌, I hadn't looked into though. I probably will later in down the line and see if it's something I can do after I do the StrongLifts. ETF redundancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards