Snarky Brides

sigh

fdjlkafdjlka member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited November 2014 in Snarky Brides

Re: sigh

• To the OP - why get hung up on being disappointed by this one bridesmaid, when you obviously have so many other friends and family who came to the shower to celebrate your upcoming marriage?  I think a hubby who takes time out of his weekend, so that he can both attend to his child while helping his wife celebrate her friend is a pretty damn good guy.  
  • And we already have a DD.
  • beethery said:
    fdjlka said:

Ok this is not the first time I have written about my crazy BM who is obsessed with her baby and clearly doesn't give a sh!t about our friendship.

Her husband was the first person to greet me when I walked in the door.  My first thought: WTF are you doing here???  He kept popping in and leaving.  In total, he stopped by THREE (3) times!

The second time was during the middle of opening presents.  She is my BM and was supposed to be helping with the part when you hand the bride gifts/write down the gifts, etc.  This time was, "I have to go breast feed my baby..."  Yes, it is very important that your child has to eat.  *But side note,* she works full-time and pumps.  You would think maybe she could spare the 4 hours of one day that it is my Bridal shower to just help out.  Also, he is almost 1 year old, this is not like a newborn baby. 

The last time he just came, IDK why, and was just helping himself to the food and desserts!  Like, WHO THE F invited you!?!  This is for WOMEN, and you are not a woman and not family!  My fiance (who was also popping in and out, but he is allowed to because he's my fiance), said he kept seeing him lurking outside and walking up and down the street.  WTF?!?!!!!!

Side note:  My mom said BM stopped by the day before to "help set up," but "helping set up" actually meant she brought her husband and baby again and they just hung out and didn't do anything.

Girl, buck down. I read the bolded and decided that you are a crazy person. Men do not have cooties and your day isn't ruined if someone's husband comes to the shower. You got gifts and attention, hit the fuckin' chill button.
     Agreed! OP, you need a reality check. I hope your BM sees this and puts you in your place. 
  • I remembered your discussion from a while back about this same girl. It is very clear that your expectations are waaaaay too high.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• That was a quick DD.
  • Gosh, just, I don't know, thinking aloud here, but is it possible -- just possible -- her husband was around to help watch the baby? If she's still feeding him, it's important that the baby and mom have access to each other.

But. Again. just thinking aloud. I could be way off base with my silly logic and all.

Seriously, though. Chill. Just chill. So the guy stopped in three whole times and had some food. Big deal. If this honestly ruined your shower as much as it sounds you have your priorities a little out of whack.

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I hope when you have kids your friends are as supportive and loving as you are to them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Nymeru said:
    What I don't understand is why you're allowing a baby-obsessed lady to be your BM, especially after your previous post about this same woman.  Obviously you have needs, and your needs aren't being met.  How could you have set yourself up like this?  Why haven't you kicked her ass out of your wedding party yet and replaced her?  Especially if she has a husband who eats FOOD in his own house...that's just flat-out unacceptable.  Stand firm.  Show us how it should be done.  Put your foot down and tell her she's a shitty friend who doesn't deserve to be anywhere near you, especially during the year leading up to your wedding--that whole time is your special year.  Let her know that you deserve better. 

You should see what you can do about being made a mod.  I'm thinking the Etiquette board would be perfect for you because you've got this whole "speshul day" thing nailed.
    The thought that she might think this is serious advice is incredibly terrifying. A+ on sounding actually legit. 

OP: What the fuck is wrong with you, seriously? She's hosting this shower at her own house apparently, and all you're doing is bitching about her taking care of her child? Get over yourself, seriously. Who needs enemies with friends like you? 
  • fdjlka said:

Ok this is not the first time I have written about my crazy BM who is obsessed with her baby

Also, he is almost 1 year old, this is not like a newborn baby. 

Seriously, you know that even one year olds eat, right?  Even assuming she fed him immediately before you arrived, if this was a four hour event (as you claimed), odds are he'd have to nurse again before it was over. 

It's too bad there was no one else there who was capable of writing things down.  Better luck next time.
  • fdjlka said:

Ok this is not the first time I have written about my crazy BM who is obsessed with her baby and clearly doesn't give a sh!t about our friendship.

Her husband was the first person to greet me when I walked in the door.  My first thought: WTF are you doing here???  He kept popping in and leaving.  In total, he stopped by THREE (3) times!

The second time was during the middle of opening presents.  She is my BM and was supposed to be helping with the part when you hand the bride gifts/write down the gifts, etc.  This time was, "I have to go breast feed my baby..."  Yes, it is very important that your child has to eat.  *But side note,* she works full-time and pumps.  You would think maybe she could spare the 4 hours of one day that it is my Bridal shower to just help out.  Also, he is almost 1 year old, this is not like a newborn baby. 

The last time he just came, IDK why, and was just helping himself to the food and desserts!  Like, WHO THE F invited you!?!  This is for WOMEN, and you are not a woman and not family!  My fiance (who was also popping in and out, but he is allowed to because he's my fiance), said he kept seeing him lurking outside and walking up and down the street.  WTF?!?!!!!!

Side note:  My mom said BM stopped by the day before to "help set up," but "helping set up" actually meant she brought her husband and baby again and they just hung out and didn't do anything.

Get over it. Shrug your shoulders. So what. Baby needs to eat. Pumping is the pits, she has to for work days, he was probably there to watch the kid while she did YOUR BM. duties. 
    How dare that baby to be born before you get married.  Doesn't he/she know that this is YOUR year? People seriously never cease to amaze me. 
  • Heffalump said:
    fdjlka said:

Ok this is not the first time I have written about my crazy BM who is obsessed with her baby

Also, he is almost 1 year old, this is not like a newborn baby. 

Seriously, you know that even one year olds eat, right?  Even assuming she fed him immediately before you arrived, if this was a four hour event (as you claimed), odds are he'd have to nurse again before it was over. 

It's too bad there was no one else there who was capable of writing things down.  Better luck next time.
    I'll tell ya, I am pressed as hell that nobody was at this party knotting about cuckoo up there.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• For the love of god newbies, please lurk, read and learn before you go and post such nonsense and then go through the shame of a DD! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My first thought was that this HAD to be MUD. Nobody can be that much of a SS.

Then I read OP's other discussions. "Sigh" is right...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    I love these people who think that saying "Can't she just pump," means that pumping is something that's done to the convenience of others and simple. In my own experience, it's annoying, loud, requires a more private space than nursing, and needs to be done on the same intervals as I'd nurse or adverse effects include changes to milk supply, engorgement, pain and leakage (just to name a few). But I'm sure the OP would be fine with two large puddles on the BM's chest and an angry hungry child. I don't know about you but my kids are at their best when starved.
    Somehow I don't think she would be fine with it.  Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to have a BM who didn't look perfect in all of the pictures of the shower?!?  It would ruin everything!
  • Nymeru said:

banana468 said:

I love these people who think that saying "Can't she just pump," means that pumping is something that's done to the convenience of others and simple. In my own experience, it's annoying, loud, requires a more private space than nursing, and needs to be done on the same intervals as I'd nurse or adverse effects include changes to milk supply, engorgement, pain and leakage (just to name a few). But I'm sure the OP would be fine with two large puddles on the BM's chest and an angry hungry child. I don't know about you but my kids are at their best when starved.

Somehow I don't think she would be fine with it.  Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to have a BM who didn't look perfect in all of the pictures of the shower?!?  It would ruin everything!

And everyone knows that a BM isn't allowed to let her boobs get engorged or they could make the bride's look so much smaller!
  • Holy fricking crazypants. Wow.
  • Tell that baby to screw off! It's stealing your thunder!
  • Maybe someday when you have a baby and are BFing you will understand why she is so "obsessed" with it. SMDH.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:
    And everyone knows that a BM isn't allowed to let her boobs get engorged or they could make the bride's look so much smaller!

OMG HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THIS???  I'm mass texting all my BMs right now - no engorged boobs or they are OUT of the wedding party!

Seriously, who is this crazy chick?  Your BM was kind enough to spend the day with you for a shower.  How nice!  You should be thankful that she gave up most of her day - not angry that she won't let her child go hungry or brought her husband along who popped in THREE WHOLE TIMES

• What. The. Fuck.

I'm sorry she's putting her child before you. What an awful human being. Seriously, screw her. Like who does she think she is, putting a one year old infant before you. 

my crazy BM who is obsessed with her baby and clearly doesn't give a sh!t about our friendship.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards