Texas-Houston

Breakfast in Galveston?

Hello everyone,

I'm planning a destination wedding to Galveston Island TX.  We will mini-moon for a few days while some friends watch my son (and relax in the hotel room I provided for them).  I would like to treat everyone to breakfast the morning we pick him up, but have never had breakfast out there, only dinner.

Are there any "must eat" places on Galveston Island that would be great for breakfast?

Thanks so much!

Re: Breakfast in Galveston?

• PS: most of you might know me better as "MsVeteranAmericaFinalist" but I changed it now that the competition is over.  If you'd like to see pics of the event, pm me and I'll send you to the public facebook page.
  • I highly recommend The Mosquito Cafe. I believe it is 14th and Post Office. The food is amazing. It is a counter service set up, but you will not be disappointed. The food is fancier than your basic "steak and eggs" but there is something for everyone. I make it a point to go whenever I can.
  • hutchslhutchsl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2014

If you are looking at expensive fancy breakfast - then I recommend the Sunday Champagne brunch at the Galvez. It runs around $35 per person I think.

I have also heard Star Pharmacy is good but have never been.

• I am looking for something Monday morning, but I am SO glad I checked out your recommendation. It sounds amazing, thanks. I will make sure to tell folks who are looking for something Sunday.  Or maybe I won't tell them and just me and my man go there for OUR morning after breakfast hehe. 

For the group Monday, I was actually kinda going for casual - something like a local version of Cracker Barrel or, if you've ever heard of this place, "Another Broken Egg." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards