March 2015 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon

I am scared to book our honeymoon because I am not sure how much the final bill will be until we get a final head count.  What is everyone else doing? I am just being paranoid.  

Re: Honeymoon

• Options
    Book what you can afford. If you don't know what you can afford, wait to book until you do know. Easy enough :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    starfish411 you are not alone! What I did to figure out how much my final bill would be is to take very single one of my guests and give them a +1 (in case any of them got a SO before the invite is sent out) and do the math with my caterer. I have everything else guesstimated on the high side (dress alterations $500, rehearsal dinner $55 a head). Then I see what I have to work with.

FI was really hoping for a Hawaii honeymoon, but right now we're kinda stretching ourselves too thin. Because we live by a port city anyways we are starting to look at cruises which you can pay off in smaller increments. Hawaii may have to wait :( My sister got married last year and she had a very relaxing honeymoon in Asheville for 5 days for less than $2000.

imageimage

• Options
    starfish411starfish411 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited September 2014
    @Shannonmaya we are looking at going to Hawaii too.  I got the package down to $1600 for five days.  That was going to Oahu and staying at a hotel that was recommended on travel review site for honeymoons. If you want I can send you are itinerary as base to look at.  Where are you traveling from? Another tip is to use a travel site like Expedia and find the cheapest deal you can to get you there and stay in a three star hotel for the time that you want to be there. Take that quote or payment page with all the detail of the trip and price to a travel agent and ask them to beat the price.  Most of the time they can or give you even better options with less or equal money.
  • Options
    starfish411 that is a GREAT deal! It's really not so much for the lodging but the flights from Miami. The cheapest I've seen is $850 pp. Fi stays in Hampton and Hilton hotels a lot for work so we have about 4 or 5 nights for free at the Hilton on the Big Island, which is the only island I haven't been to. Also, it's VERY expensive to eat in Hawaii...so I'm thinking at the very least about $140 a day between the two of us, and knowing me I'll want a couple of nice dinners thrown in there during the week. Using the Go Hawaii website as a budget tool, I estimate it'll be a $4k trip, and thats before the excursions we would want to do (thankfully for those, I work for a travel site so I get good deals on them)

With that amount we could have a KICK ass cruise. Decisions, decisions.

imageimage

• Options

We were already planning a trip to Disneyworld with my family for April/May before we set our date so we're just going to consider that vacation our honeymoon.  We may stay at a hotel on our wedding night though for a nice getaway.

• Options
    pends123 if you need any help with Disney, let me know. I work on site there ;)

imageimage

• Options
    @shannonmaya That's awesome!  My twin sister has cerebral palsy and is a big kid at heart who LOVES all things Disney!  This will be our fourth time going (the last time being almost 4 years ago) and we are all super excited.  We decided on going sometime near the end of April to mid-May because that's what all the sites I googled suggested (crowd- and price-wise).  Do you agree with that?
  • Options
    pends123 Easter is April 5 next year so you should be good! I heard Busch Gardens may be having a food and wine festival during that time and I'm pretty sure the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is going on that time as well. 

imageimage

• Options
    My honeymoon plans have to change complete as our wedding budget is now going toward unexpected hospital bills. Does any know of somewhere in CA that they have always wanted to go for a vacation. If so where would you spend your honeymoon in Cali.  I need suggestions.
  • Options
    tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    @starfish411 sorry to hear that :( What part of Cali and what time of year? The San Diego/Coronado area has some nice resorts, and there are also some beautiful properties in Santa Barbara. I've also never been to Northern CA but would love to go someday. Depends if you're looking for beach-y or more tourist/adventurous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am just looking for something to get away even if it is just for the weekend.  Maybe next for our first anniversary we can do a big vacation.  it would be in March.

• Options
    starfish411 I;m sorry to hear that. I pray a speedy recovery! 

I've personally always wanted to go to Napa/Sonoma and do a wine tasting tour. 

imageimage

• Options
    Ditto @shannonmaya‌ . If wine is your thing, I would definitely do that. Otherwise I would find a swanky hotel and enjoy a quiet weekend. Santa Barbara has quite a few quaint little places you might like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We booked an all inclusive (through groupon) that we knew we could afford now. We are waiting to book excursions etc. until we know how much money we will have leftover after the wedding. Our honeymoon will be 3 weeks after the wedding so it gives us plenty of time to book any add ons.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards