Hawaii

Any Canadian Brides bringing a photographer from home?

Hey ladies,

the photographers on Maui are crazy expensive so we are thinking about bringing one from home because it will work out to be cheaper even after we pay for flights etc.  Has anyone done this / is doing this?  do the photogs need a special working visa or anything?  I'm wondering how it works with a Canadian working in the US.  Would be a nightmare if they got turned around at the boarder.

thanks!

Re: Any Canadian Brides bringing a photographer from home?

• We brought ours.  I'l be honest, I'm not sure about visas and such, as that's their job to figure out.  Ours had a destination wedding package.  They've travelled all over for weddings.  They also did my brother's wedding, and turned our wedding into a family vacation, so we got lucky and paid only for their inter island flight and their hotel on Oahu, plus the package.  They wrote the rest off as they were there to work.  

I think though  (and I could be way off on this), that since they were paid in Canada by a Canadian, they're not considered working in the US??  For all I know, they could have just said vacation and they're taking photos of their kids with all of the equipment.  Anyway, ask your photographer, cos they should know this.  For us, it was worth every penny

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards