Wedding Invitations & Paper

Reception card wording!

I need some advice on wording for a reception card. The location we are having the reception allows for guests to bring their own alcohol. We are from a small small town. Most of the local weddings are byob. We're providing 2 different types of beer ; the most popular 2 that everyone drinks.  I do have some relatives that drink other types of beer or prefer whiskey. I want to put something along the lines to let people know that we are providing the beer but they are welcome to bring the beverage of their choice. That includes daquiris, etc. We have a local daquiri place that many people will want to go to purchase drinks. How do I go about this?

Re: Reception card wording!

• I wouldn't. It's a wedding, not a pool party.
  • Totally agree with NotC.
  • I didn't ask if it was proper. I asked for wording help. You do weddings where you are from a certain way and we do ours a certain way.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reception-card-wording-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5bf5ad87-f99f-4774-a82e-481d4784aa99Post:347933a0-c56c-4572-959b-7f126d737041">Re: Reception card wording!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't ask if it was proper. I asked for wording help. You do weddings where you are from a certain way and we do ours a certain way.
    Posted by PhiMuLady7[/QUOTE]

In that case, you should just say, "BOOZE FREE FOR ALL. WE GOTS THE BEER BUT ALL YOU HARD ALL-CO-HOLICS NEED TO BRING YO' OWN. GET SOME, SONNNNN!!!!"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reception-card-wording-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5bf5ad87-f99f-4774-a82e-481d4784aa99Post:313c4418-879b-46f3-a1d8-9df148d03606">Reception card wording!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need some advice on wording for a reception card. The location we are having the reception allows for guests to bring their own alcohol. We are from a small small town. Most of the local weddings are byob. We're providing 2 different types of beer ; the most popular 2 that everyone drinks.  I do have some relatives that drink other types of beer or prefer whiskey. I want to put something along the lines to let people know that we are providing the beer but they are welcome to bring the beverage of their choice. That includes daquiris, etc. We have a local daquiri place that many people will want to go to purchase drinks. How do I go about this?

Word of mouth is the only way you can do this. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reception-card-wording-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5bf5ad87-f99f-4774-a82e-481d4784aa99Post:313c4418-879b-46f3-a1d8-9df148d03606">Reception card wording!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need some advice on wording for a reception card. The location we are having the reception allows for guests to bring their own alcohol. We are from a small small town. Most of the local weddings are byob. We're providing 2 different types of beer ; the most popular 2 that everyone drinks.  I do have some relatives that drink other types of beer or prefer whiskey. I want to put something along the lines to let people know that we are providing the beer but they are welcome to bring the beverage of their choice. That includes daquiris, etc. We have a local daquiri place that many people will want to go to purchase drinks. How do I go about this?

You will not find much help here for something like this because of "proper etiquette"; however, it is just a complete difference of opinion depending on what your friends and family are accustomed to and what is the norm in your area. 

We are doing the same and providing two types of beer.  We are also providing the set-ups for those who want to bring their own liquor (which is what everyone in our circle is used to).  We are simply noting on the reception card "Beer and Set-Ups Provided" followed underneath by BYOB (which we all know to be bring your own bottle).
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_reception-card-wording-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:5bf5ad87-f99f-4774-a82e-481d4784aa99Post:347933a0-c56c-4572-959b-7f126d737041">Re: Reception card wording!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't ask if it was proper. I asked for wording help. You do weddings where you are from a certain way and we do ours a certain way.

<div>The problem is that there is no correct way to word a rude request.  It's sort of like trying to come up with a nice way to tell someone she's ugly.

</div><div>You could go with "hey, we want your gifts, but we don't like you enough to be decent hosts, so bring your own drinks."  </div><div>
    </div><div>You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards