Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding hashtag help!!!

My last name is Keele and his is Owen... I cannot think of a creative hashtag. The basic ones are way too common!!! Help please!

Re: Wedding hashtag help!!!

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I bet #yawn isn't taken!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • You're putting way too much effort into thinking about this. The simpler the better. The purpose is to make it easy and efficient. #owenkeelewedding. It works. 
  • The basic one's are common for a reason.  They are easy to remember for your guests, thus more people actually using the hashtag.  Remember the old adage, KISS.

• C'mon people.  The hashtag thing has been coming up a lot on here on the last week.  Are you getting married at age 14?  Your guests can figure out if they want to sit and tweet/instagram/whatever instead of party.  If you want a hashtag, just put it on whatever pics you post leading up and see if people catch on.  Selecting a cutsey hashtag and telling people to use it = generation z bridezilla.  Worry about whether there's enough booze, great food, and a fun party, not a silly hashtag.
  • C'mon people.  The hashtag thing has been coming up a lot on here on the last week.  Are you getting married at age 14?  Your guests can figure out if they want to sit and tweet/instagram/whatever instead of party.  If you want a hashtag, just put it on whatever pics you post leading up and see if people catch on.  Selecting a cutsey hashtag and telling people to use it = generation z bridezilla.  Worry about whether there's enough booze, great food, and a fun party, not a silly hashtag.
    I think the bolded is a bit far fetched.  I think asking for help on picking a hashtag name is a bit silly.  I mean we are all adults and have brains.  Picking a hashtag should not be this difficult.  But I don't see anything wrong with having a hashtag and then making a tiny sign that sits on the bar that says "#XYZ."  This isn't the same as telling people that they must use it or you will go ballistic on their ass.  It is just a suggestion that people can either decide to use or not.  And honestly, I don't see that as any different then a couple using the hashtag leading up to the event.  You are still promoting it and those that see it and want to use it will.  So how is that any different then having the hashtag listed on a small sign at your wedding?

• I think the recent Cowboys hashtag incident is proof that even thinking adults sometimes need a third party to look over their hashtag.

OP I got nothin for ya... the ideas that came to my mind played on KO (as in, knockout) but didn't seem fitting for a wedding (smile).

I found this on another post while looking for my own wedding hashtag ideas: http://www.weddinghashtagwall.com/wedding-hashtag-generator
  • #KOwedding (if you're into gaming) (I saw it mentioned already up there though)
    Or try something with your first names? I agree with PP that the simpler, the better. Don't put too much fuss into it :) I did a cute sign that I found on Pinterest. (Both our names started with C, his last name was an S)

image   image   image

• People aren't looking to be blown away by your hashtag.  Do something that's easy to remember and short.
  • its a little over down. my cousin did it and some of the things that were posted didnt make sense to others who werent in on a joke or something. if your going to do it do something short but not to common. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards