Plus-Sized

Show us your plus size wedding gown!

Re: Show us your plus size wedding gown!

• Second fitting today with veil and necklace.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • @Ndelible Love your dress and your veil!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @vegasbride2015 Thank you!  I absolutely LOVE my gown.  As has been often repeated on the board, try on things out of your comfort zone!  Things you think will not work, just might turn out perfectly.  I was all for a very traditional lace gown and tried this one on.  Poof!  Mind blown. 

And ladies, do not be afraid to show your curves!  I am 99% sure that the most beautiful part of the dress is you!

Happiness is an inside job
  • Mori Lee

I bought my Julietta By Mori Lee Dress Style 3106 Delicate Chiffon with Beading at a second hand store, then had sleeves added.  I really wanted sleeves but I couldn't find a shrug that matched so I designed my own and worked with a seamstress to add them.  I bought 4 way stretch netting in ivory at a specialty fabric store and she created just what I had in mind.  We used the same fabric for both dress sleeves.

Trashy Diva

I bought my reception dress here, the Candice Gwen Honey Dress, then had it altered to add sleeves and I crystalled the bust myself.  I added a ruby petticoat from Malco Moda on Amazon. Trashy Diva has lots of fun retro looks here, also some great ideas for bridesmaids dresses.  The store has sizes up to 20.

• Mori Lee

I bought my Julietta By Mori Lee Dress Style 3106 Delicate Chiffon with Beading at a second hand store, then had sleeves added.  I really wanted sleeves but I couldn't find a shrug that matched so I designed my own and worked with a seamstress to add them.  I bought 4 way stretch netting in ivory at a specialty fabric store and she created just what I had in mind.  We used the same fabric for both dress sleeves.

Trashy Diva

I bought my reception dress here, the Candice Gwen Honey Dress, then had it altered to add sleeves and I crystalled the bust myself.  I added a ruby petticoat from Malco Moda on Amazon. Trashy Diva has lots of fun retro looks here, also some great ideas for bridesmaids dresses.  The store has sizes up to 20.

I love-love-love your reception dress!! Especially that ruby-coloured petticoat! Did you change your accessories to match the second dress?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mori Lee

Trashy Diva

I think you are the first person I've seen so far with my dress!  how fun !
  • Here is my Allure
    me.jpg 76.7K
  • I'm excited to share my dress. I will be getting married on March 8th, 2015. I chose a Julietta by Mori Lee gown. I am a street size 18/20 and was terrified of dress shopping. I never would have picked this silouette for myself, but I felt skinny and sexy in it. I can't wait to wear it.

• Ver0nika20 i tried on that same wedding dress and the salon i went to had a similar dress that they were altering for a bride with the same sleeves 
  • Hey Ladies,

I'm so excited about my dress. I just ordered her on Saturday. It's the Mori Lee Julietta 3116.  Unfortunately my mom is the worst photographer ever lol  I only have  a few pictures and they don't quite do the dress justice. But she is beautiful!!! The sample size was way too big (what a wonderful feeling for a plus sized girl!) so there are clips are everywhere. But I hope you guys are able to celebrate with me. Yay!!!! The search is over and I found the perfect dress!

• @dove9802 you look gorgeous! I love the gown!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @dove9802 the gown looks beautiful on you. I almost bought the same gown. Congratulations.
  • @dove9802 Your dress looks amazing! And I totally agree that trying on a too big sample size is one of the best feelings ever. Especially when you are super nervous to try on dresses to begin with!

Congrats!
  • Thank you guys so much!! I'm so happy.
  • We got married in June of this year. My dress is David's Bridal Style #9V9010. I absolutely adored it and had many compliments on the cap sleeves (my favorite part).

The first picture is the picture on the website. The other is from the day of our wedding. 

• You look Beautiful!
  • @dove9802  love love your dress i was a mori lee bride style 3098 i got married this past june and my dress was everything i could have imagined.

• @SSCC2925@yahoo.com You look wonderful! That was a high contender for me as well when I was trying on dresses! 

• Boght my dress today!!! It is perfect!!!
  • Crap. I posted and hit post before I was done... David's bridal style 9WG3672. It is a beautiful ball gown with illusion sweetheart top. And tulle bottom. Everything I wanted! I hope these pics work out on here... Not sure how to add them from my phone.
  • ashleeroden the salon i got my dress from carried all sizes but she specialized in plus and had by far the largest selection than any other salon within a 30 minute drive...

i am a street 22 and was able to fit into samples 18-30 depending on the cut of the dress. the dress i bought mori lee 3098 was a sample size 22 could not get the top to lay right to my bust because the sample was to small 

i measured at a 28 but was only 5 inches difference from the sample and the size 26 salon ordered me the 26 fit like a glove but the bust was way to big i have a smaller bust size 40-42 b/c had to take in the top 4 times

no matter what dress you get its going to have to be altered to fit  if they have to take the top in its not a problem but when you are trying on dresses make sure you ask what dresses will still look good on top if they have to take them in 
  • @twojunebrides You look lovely in that dress! And definitely happy to have found your dress. Are you planning on wearing a belt or a sash? I saw in one of the pictures, that you have a sparkly sash, but not in the other. I think a sash, maybe something that stands out a little bit, would really highlight your waist, and make it look even more trim.

Congrats on finding your dress!
  • @twojunebrides You look lovely in that dress! And definitely happy to have found your dress. Are you planning on wearing a belt or a sash? I saw in one of the pictures, that you have a sparkly sash, but not in the other. I think a sash, maybe something that stands out a little bit, would really highlight your waist, and make it look even more trim.

Congrats on finding your dress!

Thanks!  I was so excited!  FI and I went with both of our moms and her grandma.  It was a great day.  I had so much anxiety about it, but I felt so beautiful!  I will be adding a sash, just not sure which one.  I tried on a few... but yes, I agree, it makes my waist look smaller! 
  • ChristinaS85ChristinaS85 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Don't have a pic of me in the dress, but this is the one I decided on earlier this year.  I got it at David's Bridal.  Unfortunately, they do not have it anymore.  I had my own idea of what my dress was going to be, but being plus sized, the ones I wanted didn't look right on me at all.  But I knew this was the dress as soon as my stylist had me put it on.  This one was his first choice for me, and he knew I would love it!

• @ChristinaS85 I loved that davids bridal dress.  Was thinking about getting that one but they were like it's going to take too long to get in oh wait we can't even get it in.... then after i found my dream dress i looked online and it was on sale in my size... Davids Bridal is a hot mess to work with... they stressed me out with my bridesmaids dresses... I recently went into get a dress for the upcomming military ball and they were like we can't order that in your size... went outside looked up on my phone found the dress went back in and said can i order this through you (the lady was nice and i wanted her to get commision) or should i just order it online... low and behold she was able to order it... (rolls eyes) Why all the stress with DB I have no idea... what a pain in the butt...

Anyways rant done great dress!!!!

• I personally haven't had a problem with them just yet.  They had to order my dress because they didn't have my size and it came in about two weeks later.  I am going in late in December to pick out dresses with my bridesmaids.  Hopefully it will still be smooth sailing.

The one thing I know about David's Bridal...DON'T get your dress altered there!  I have heard horror stories about that, one of them coming from my co-worker whose daughter bought a dress there.
  • Yep i have heard about horrible altering done there.  From the person who did mine.  She was awesome.  She apparently had multiple ppl come from their alteration dept to get their dress fixed.
  • I found my gown at Alfred Angelo.  I was very nervous to go looking for wedding dresses.  The gown I picked was the 801. It matches perfectly with my mother's vail she wore in her wedding 42 years ago. I can't wait to marry my bestfriend in the  dress of my dreams next year!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Finally got my dress!! Its Bonny Bridal Unforgettable #1420