Georgia-Atlanta

Cheap Wedding Venues

Hello Girls.
I'm fairly new to this website and I've been doing my research trying to find a cheap wedding venue in the North Georgia area and I have had absolutely no luck. Does anyone know of any cheap wedding venues for no more than 2000. I'm not picky, but I want to find a venue that will allow you to bring your own catering in, without a license. Thanks again!

Re: Cheap Wedding Venues

• I'm pretty sure The Chimneys at Big Canoe lets you bring in your own catering and alcohol. I'm not sure what you mean by no license though?

• I'm pretty sure The Chimneys at Big Canoe lets you bring in your own catering and alcohol. I'm not sure what you mean by no license though?
    I thought Big Canoe required you to use their caterer, but I got a quote and the prices were pretty reasonable.

Some others that meet your criteria are The Solarium, Roswell Historic Cottage, Roswell River Landing and maybe Saville Art Studio (although I wasn't impressed when we visited). Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @blabla89 Hmmm for some reason I thought Talk of the Town wasn't exclusive to the Chimneys and that you could always pull in another caterer but I'm probably wrong! I never made it out to the Chimneys to officially check it out.

• I have already contacted The Chimney at Big Canoe and they do require you to use their own caterer, which was extremely too expensive for my budget. Most venues that I have contacted will let you have an outside caterer, but they have to be an actual business that has a licensed and insured. My family is going to be doing the food so I was trying to do a venue that allowed for us to do so. I've looked into the Roswell River Landing, but there's not really anywhere I like inside to get married if it rained. Thanks for you suggestions!
  • The farm in Rome lets you do your own. We did for my sister's wedding last may. However the facility's fee is $5000
  • I think if you want to do your own food you're going to have a harder time finding a wedding venue that will be ok with that. Most of them have liability issues and they want to make sure they are covered in case of someone claiming food poisoning or something and they know that a catering company will have the coverage versus someone cooking the food in their home kitchen. Have you looked in to any VFW or church reception halls?

• You could try the Solarium in Oakhurst. I know they allow you to use any caterer, but they don't allow cooking on-site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Dekalb courthouse or Piedmont Park has a wedding in June with 20 guest I think it's $65 with a champagne toast. but then u can find a venue for dinner & dancing maybe a restaurant
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards