Ohio-Columbus

Booking Limo - Figuring out time needed

Hi, I am getting married this December at St. Joseph's Cathedral with the reception at the Athletic Club. These venues are within 2 city blocks of one another. The ceremony starts at 2:30 PM. So I figured I would have the limo arrive at the Athletic Club (where the girls are getting ready) by 1:45 PM to ensure we have no problem being at the church by 2 PM. With the ceremony ending at 3:30, we will take some pictures there and then go to the Athletic Club for pictures (before guests arrive for cocktail) and then head back out to take pictures off-site. My questions are as follows:

1) do you think booking a limo for 1:45 PM to 5 PM gives me enough time to get all the pictures done (basically from 3:30 to 5)
2) does the photographer ride in the limo with us? 
3) should i allow the wedding party's dates to ride in the limo with us to the sites as well?

I am trying to figure out how big of a limo I should reserve. Thanks!

Re: Booking Limo - Figuring out time needed

• edited November 2014
    What are your guests doing for an hour an a half? I recommend you rethinking this timeline. Your guests will be left to fend for themselves for 90 mins in an part of downtown with few options. Your cocktail hour should start immediately following the ceremony, especially when they are only 2 blocks away from each other.

If you ant to take photos that are not within driving distance you should do a "first look." There are many options for photos within walking distance of the Alethic Club, the Statehouse offers lovely outside options. With downtown traffic/ one ways you won't have much time to drive anyway after the ceremony. 

Your guests would appreciate you canceling the gap and properly hosting them for those 90 mins. GL! :)
    HReis13 said:
    Hi, I am getting married this December at St. Joseph's Cathedral with the reception at the Athletic Club. These venues are within 2 city blocks of one another. The ceremony starts at 2:30 PM. So I figured I would have the limo arrive at the Athletic Club (where the girls are getting ready) by 1:45 PM to ensure we have no problem being at the church by 2 PM. With the ceremony ending at 3:30, we will take some pictures there and then go to the Athletic Club for pictures (before guests arrive for cocktail) and then head back out to take pictures off-site. My questions are as follows:

1) do you think booking a limo for 1:45 PM to 5 PM gives me enough time to get all the pictures done (basically from 3:30 to 5)
    2) does the photographer ride in the limo with us? 
    3) should i allow the wedding party's dates to ride in the limo with us to the sites as well?

I am trying to figure out how big of a limo I should reserve. Thanks!

:kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards