New Jersey
Options

Affordable full-service caterers in New Jersey?

edited November 2014 in New Jersey
Hi everyone!  I'm planning to get married at the Conservatory in the Sussex County Fairgrounds in August 2015.  I'll need full catering services -- food, liquor purchase (consignment basis is fine), china/glassware, linens, staff, event coordination, etc.  I'm looking for a good and affordable full-service caterer in the North Jersey area.  Does anyone have any recommendations???  The 2 best quotes I've received are $85pp -- both are offering all-inclusive packages (rentals, staffing, etc.) with plated, sit-down dinners at this price.  Everything is included except the cost of liquor.  I'd love to get more caterer suggestions that are at this price point or less.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you!

Re: Affordable full-service caterers in New Jersey?

• Options
    I don't know if they go up that far, but I used Twin Oaks Catering in East Brunswick for my wedding. They provided everything including staff/rentals/a wedding cake from Palermo's, alcohol was on consignment, and they contracted a bartender for us. Their sit-down dinner option is just over $70pp, plus 18% service charge and 7% sales tax.

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Thanks so much!  Twin Oaks definitely looks within my budget!  I will reach out today.
  • Options
    Simply Smooth Catering
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  Twin Oaks definitely looks within my budget!  I will reach out today.
    I have to say, it's been months since my wedding, but guests still tell us how much they loved the food we had. We did a buffet instead of the plated meal, and they did such a wonderful job making sure the dishes stayed fresh and were kept full. I've already been asked by multiple people to please have another event catered by Twin Oaks so they can eat the food again! Mike is really laid back, which definitely helped to keep us calm leading up to the wedding.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Simply Smooth Catering
    Just reached out for a proposal!  The menu looks great!  Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    Hi! Did you end up going with a caterer that was less than $85pp? We're looking at the Sussex Conservatory for an April 2016 wedding and are trying to comparison shop having it at the Conservatory vs. another venue that has all catering done through the venue. I'd love to hear your experiences in planning! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards