Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

no luck w/ rings yet! suggestions? your opinions on these please....

due to our budget..we're cutting costs on rings. Went to a couple places and checked out pricing. Saw some that are stainless steel or Tungsten or Titanium. Anyone out there have anything similar? What are your thoughts on these rings????Here's the issue: real gold will cost us much more than we have at this point...

Re: no luck w/ rings yet! suggestions? your opinions on these please....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Titanium is cheap but will scratch easily and can't be polished.  Tungsten won't scratch, but it also can't ever be resized, so that's a big drawback.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP

Why don't you just get cheap rings and then get new ones when you have the money?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hubby got tungsten.  I don't know what line of work you or your FI are in, but the tungsten doesn't really cut (if you somehow injure your hand and need the ring cut off), but can shatter if you/he accidentally drop it on a hard surface.  DH has been wearing his ring for 3 weeks now and I haven't heard any complaints!

I have 2 suggestions for getting a ring 1) borrow/get a ring from a dear family member that you would like to remember, 2) use old jewelry to either pawn or melt down to make a ring (could be more sentimental).  Also check out overstock.com for plain bands.  If you're not overly sentimental/attached to things, you can always get married using any ring (just have that symbolism of exchanging rings) and buy rings you really want after the wedding.  If you want rings that are bessed and you can keep forever and ever, that may be harder.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Call me cheap, but I bought our white gold rings  - used but in perfect condition -  from Ebay.  I spent so little I'm embarrased to say it!  You don't have to spend a shitton of money on wedding bands, really!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should check out ebay and used stores as well.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also maybe look at BlueNile.com?  They have some things that are affordable and you can usually find discount codes online.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DH also has a tungsten band, which he loves.  It's stayed much shinier than my platinum ring :)  Like others have siad, it is an eremely hard metal and cannot be reized, which might be a problem.  Dh has actually lost weight since our wedding and his ring is already a little big on him...we will probably have to call our jeweler soon to get another!  I haven't heard of tungsten rings shattering, but they are a very brittle metal, which means that the ruors you may have heard about it being impossible to cut tungsten off in an emergency situation are untrue.  Put enough pressure on them with a vice grip and they will crack into two or three pieces.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Found some great stuff on Overstock.com --- best prices i have seen so far on Tungsten rings and titanium rings! thanks for the info. and help
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards