New Hampshire
Options

Hotels?

any other Derry Brides blocking hotel rooms? what hotel are you using? how to determine number of rooms needed? and simply how to go about doing this?

TIA!

Re: Hotels?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I live in Derry.  I think the closest hotels are the Holiday Inn in Salem, La Quinta and the Red Roof Inn.

I believe the Holiday Inn does not block a certain number they just offer a discount rate first come first serve.  I'm not sure about the others.
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the Courtyard by Marriott in Manchester, but it is pretty close to Derry as its south of the mall on South WIllow almost to Londonderry.  They were very nice to work with and will block off rooms, as well as they gave us a discount on a suite for the night before and after for getting ready and then for us to use before leaving for our honeymoon.  

If you call or ask at the front desk, most hotels have someone who is in charge of room blocks and will go over it with you, and as for determining how many you need, I think you just have to take a guess based on how many OOT people you are inviting.  Most will hold rooms til 4 weeks before the wedding and then release all those not booked so it might be better to overestimate then under. 
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the Holiday Inn at Manchester Airport for my Londonderry wedding. They didn't do a block of rooms but they offered a discount up until the day of the wedding, which was good for 3 nights before and 3 nights after the wedding date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We tried to get an estimate of rooms needed by asking around, then adding a few.  We had plenty.  Most hotels will let you add rooms to the block once it's filled, provided that there are rooms still available that evening. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of ours used the Marriott in Manchester. They had a shuttle service to the reception in Derry and back for guests staying at the hotel. I do not know if the hotel provided this or if they hired transportation, but it might be worth looking into.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used the Crowne Plaza in Nashua for our wedding in Hampstead back in August.  Their amenities were just so much better.  We checked out the La Quinta in Salem.  We booked a night there to check it out and it was awful! DH compared the beds to those in a Turkish prison! Not to mention when we did try to talk to the staff about blocking rooms, they told us they were full before we even told them when we would need them! CP worked out so much better and were much more pleasant to work with.  It was worth the extra time in the car!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    amanda489amanda489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Brookstone in Derry and was thinkink of where to book rooms as well. I know I had talked to someone else that got married there and they said there was a hotel not to far away that they used that was nice but kid of $$. Since I am actually from Manchester I am thinking of maybe just going with hotels around here.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards