Destination Weddings Discussions

Website Etiquette for a Destination Wedding

My fiance and I are getting married at an all inclusive resort in Jamaica. We are only inviting immediate family and the bridal party. Do I put any information about the ceremony and location on the website? Should I include it but password protect it? What is protocol???

Help!

Re: Website Etiquette for a Destination Wedding

• You should only give the website address to those who are invited. You may hurt a lot of people's feelings if they read all about your proposal and your registries and then find out they aren't invited. Definitely include your location and travel details on there, as your guests will want a central location to refer to when trying to make their arrangements.

It's always recommended you password protect any wedding website, regardless of content.

If you have a reason to share your website with people who are not guests, you could always create a page with the wedding details and password protect that page with a different password than used to access the main page.

• Some wedding website builders support password protecting only parts of the website. I absolutely agree with Jells2dot0 that you should always password protect any wedding website. For that matter, you should always be cautious by protecting any personal information on the web. We included the website password on our save the dates. 

You should definitely provide some information about ceremony and location on your website. Help your guests out by doing some research for them including the actual resort and ceremony locations, nearby airport(s), etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards