Registry and Gift Forum

registering for accessories for an item you already own?

Background: I always dreamed of getting a kitchen aid stand mixer, and hoped I would finally receive it when I got married. Instead, my FI bought it for me last valentines day and I can't quite put into words how excited I was. I LOVE the mixer.

My question is: There are alot of attachments for the mixer I would love to add to my registry (pasta rollers, food grinders, etc). But...will people not buy them if it's not clear I already own the mixer? I could add the mixer to my registry and mark "purchased", but that seems a little odd...

Thoughts?

Re: registering for accessories for an item you already own?

• I would definitely assume you already had it. That's sort of the point of registering for anything - if it's not on there, I assume you either have it already or don't want it.

• I think it's pretty self-explanatory you are already have the mixer.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yep, I'd assume you have one and want a meat grinder, pasta maker, ice cream maker, juicer, shoe polisher, etc attachment.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Those closest to you have probably heard you gush about your awesome mixer so if I were a dear friend I'd certainly consider purchasing you an attachment to make it even better.
  • You're fine, I have the same mixer and I've registered for a scraper attachment
    Just Married!

• I had a kitchen aid already and registered for the pasta maker attachment...it ended up being my favorite gift! I use it ALL the time (making pasta is so simple with it) and it was something I prob wouldn't have bought myself anytime soon.  I say go for it!
  • If we were friends, I think I'd probably already know that you love your KitchenAid mixer and I'd be excited to buy you the attachments on your registry. (Maybe you'd even invite me over for a pasta making party or something! Yum!) You should put them on your registry. :) 
  • I think people will realize you already have it if you are just registering for the accessories (or they will assume someone already bought it for you, whether for your wedding or like your fiance did!). So I would say go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards