Just Engaged and Proposals

engagement photos

I just got engaged were planning to get married May 2016 when is most appropriate for engagement pictures?

Re: engagement photos

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    I'd say any time you want. Engagement pictures are just some nice pictures of you and your fiance(e) that happen to be taken while you are engaged. There aren't any rules. You don't need engagement pictures, and if you do have them, you don't need to use them for save the dates (though you can if you want to. You could get them done now, and still use them for Save the Dates if you like how they came out). The only qualification for "engagement pictures" is that you are engaged.
  • My wedding photographer included an engagement photo session with all of his package. It is a good chance to see if you like your photographer's style and direction. 

Anniversary

• I think engagement pictures and engagement parties should happen early in an engagement. Whenever they come later, I'm thinking, "You've been engaged for 8 months. Your engagement is old news now."
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think the sooner the better. I agree with Addie - its odd when people get engagement photos late in the game.
    *********************************************************************************

• AddieCake said:
    I think engagement pictures and engagement parties should happen early in an engagement. Whenever they come later, I'm thinking, "You've been engaged for 8 months. Your engagement is old news now."
    This.  H and I knew a couple that got their engagement pictures taken about 3 weeks before their wedding.  All I could think of was what was the point of that because in about 2 months you will have wedding pictures to take the place of your engagement pictures that you may or may not have back by the time you get married.

• AddieCake said:
    I think engagement pictures and engagement parties should happen early in an engagement. Whenever they come later, I'm thinking, "You've been engaged for 8 months. Your engagement is old news now."
    This.  H and I knew a couple that got their engagement pictures taken about 3 weeks before their wedding.  All I could think of was what was the point of that because in about 2 months you will have wedding pictures to take the place of your engagement pictures that you may or may not have back by the time you get married.
    I get this^, but I also understand wanting to have some nice pictures of you and your FI in non-wedding attire. Though, particularly in cases like this, I really see the distinction of "engagement pictures" as unnecessary.
  • I'm getting mine done Sunday! Yesterday marked 3 weeks being engaged for me! :) And I'm getting married in October of 16!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards