Louisiana-New Orleans

Local Wedding Vendor Reviews 10/11/14

Venue

Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation, Waggaman, LA:  A+++

Our wedding at CGTP was incredible! It is an all-inclusive place and honestly I don’t know why brides choose to start from the ground up with planning a wedding. It’s so much easier to let an experienced venue handle all the small stuff and THIS place has it ALL (even our rehearsal dinner) for very reasonable prices too! The venue itself is PERFECT! The tables, chairs, centerpieces, and décor are already setup and flows beautifully together, I did not have to add a thing, not even flowers! I highly recommend using their chapel as well. It is also perfectly decorated and the pictures look amazing! The food and food service was out-of-this-world delicious and kept on coming until all our guests were beyond full. Our family and friends were dancing the entire night with their in-house DJ and their bar was fully stocked with only the premium stuff, so I know the bartenders worked overtime for our guests and they did it with ease! Our friends that had recently gotten married at other local venues had asked how we found this place because it didn’t even compare to the other local places that they had chosen. The venue owner, Jill, was there the entire time and coordinated the whole wedding from the beginning to the end. There was no guessing what to do next because they already had everything planned for us. I felt like I could really relax and enjoy myself because the staff had it all under control, and boy did we PARTY! We had such a wonderful time that it’s hard to express it in so many words but our wedding was perfect in every way and there is absolutely nothing I would change. The night was filled with love, laughter, impeccable food, and outstanding service!

Photographer

Penton Studios: A+

I found Marlin Penton at a bridal show and he was offering an amazing bridal package with engagements, bridals, and wedding day coverage with albums. After doing a lot of research with ALL of the local photographers, his deal was too hard to pass up. Marlin has been in the business for a very long time, so I had complete faith that he was the man for the job. My pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! Marlin takes his time, very easy to work with, and will do almost anything to get the right shot. I soooo cannot wait to get my albums back!

Flowers

Beths Flowers: B--
I did not really have anyone in mind for flowers. All I wanted was the bridal party stuff anyway, no centerpieces or extras, just the necessities. Beths flowers was very helpful with picking my bouquet designs and they looked awesome when she threw one together that day. The payment plan was pretty simple and she kept it within my budget. The day before the wedding I was allowed to take a look at all of my bouquets, corsages, boutinneres, and kissing balls. Everything was beautiful, execpt my bridesmaid bouquets were not the right color. She insisted that was orange but one day before my wedding, I was not going to stress about it, allthough looking at the pictures now, I should have. I think that was my only regret…

All in all, she has nice flowers, good prices, and a great delivery system, but I did not receive the same bridesmaid bouquets that I had originally chosen.

Tip: I have worked in the wedding industry for years and on the top of my “don’t waist your money” list is flowers. I know they are so beautiful and smell nice and this and that but in the end, where do they wind up??? In the trash or dead and rotting in your house! I am not about spending thousands on this topic and I think whoever does is crazy, this money can definitley be put elsewhere (i.e. - photobooth! I’ll get to that later).

Limousines

Luxury Limousines of New Orleans: A+

I was pretty impressed by Luxury, being that I could not find too many reviews on them. They are located in Metairie, LA and have a pretty good selection of vehicles. I found them at a local bridal show as well. Not sure if the flyer I receieved from them had special prices or were the regular prices but all in all, for a Saturday night, no one around could bet them. Since our ceremony and reception were both at CGTP, we only needed a transfer to the plantaion and then back home. All other places wanted to charge us 3 hour minimums at ove $200/hour…no thanks! They were very helpful everytime I called and even gave us a discount for our rides back home! Great job Luxury, you need to advertise more!

Wedding and Grooms cake

Haydels: A+

When we booked with CGTP, their wedding package included a cake voucher from Haydel’s (awesome deal, saved $400 yay!). So when we wnt to pick out our cake, we were given an Ipad to look through all of their wedding cake designs and a plate with cake and filling samples. Someone sat down with us, gave us a free cup of coffee and helped us with choosing both our wedding and grooms cakes. This place is very small, but it didn’t effect their service to us at all. Everything was really good, the delivery was great, and the cake designs all came out very well in the pictures. All good things to say about Haydel’s as well!

Photobooth

Spoofs: A+

I contemplated long and hard about whether or not we should get a photobooth... DO IT!!! Again, I had to find the best deal and it turns out that CGTP has a thing with Spoofs and offers a really good package, like $200 off, so I couldn’t pass it up. I had quite a few guests that did not really care to dance so it was a fun thing for them to play with. Also, as the night progresses, the pictures get funnier! The guests also get a copy too so it acted as our favors. Cant go wrong with these things!

Dress

MeMe’s Bridal Boutique – Sample Sales: B

I bought my drees from MeMe’s Bridal Boutique at a sample sale, which was a great experience at the time, I love my dress and, yes, I cried. But when I got home, I realized that It was way too big! I wish they would have pointed out to me before I left the store that the dress was really big and needed to be taken in like two sizes, but instead they pinned me up and said “it fits prefectly on you” which of course it did with the giant-sized clips in the back…duh! ADVICE: alterations usually do not come with sample sale dresses so before you leave the store, ask! If I could go back, I would’ve paid for the dress in my size rather than suffering thorough all of the alterations, which leads me to my next review.

Dress Alterations:

Bee’s Tailor: A+

They were my life savers, or maybe dress savers! I was about to lose hope with my sample sale dress when I found Bee’s. They charged me a whopping $50 to take it in! I went for three fittings until they got it just right. Please, if you need any gown alterations, this is your place!

Invitations

David’s Bridal: A+

David’s does really well with wedding invites and always has a deal going on with them. Its only online through their website; order the free samples, a discount comes with it. I priced around on this one, both online and at local places and they had the best bang for your buck. Really good quality, fast delivery, and was a one stop shop.

Tuxedos

Tuxedos to Geaux: A+

I just had to mention these guys. Compared to all of the rental shops, for $160 all of your groomsmen actually get to keep what they pay for! Very professional and friendly staff. Definitely worth checking out.

Re: Local Wedding Vendor Reviews 10/11/14

• Thank you for the reviews!  Very helpful! And I completely agree about the flowers!  Only planning on doing my bouquet and the bridesmaid's bouquets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards