Chit Chat

Gifting Brownies

2»

Re: Gifting Brownies

• Sent you all a poorly formatted PM and I don't mind clarifying if it's confusing as hell, haha,

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never been a fan of baking or cooking with marijuana. To me, it's like the old joke about Christian rock music. It improves neither Christianity or rock. 
    I enjoy the actual smoking process, and have a great respect for good quality smokables. And baking. I also take my baked goods very seriously. Baked and baking is lovely. 

(Legalization, by the way, has not been good for quality. I am so far unimpressed with what's for sale in the shops. It's like living through prohibition, but with a beautifully stocked wine cellar, and then prohibition ends, but all you can buy is 3 buck chuck. Meh. Maybe things will improve.)

My daughter bought me some infused olive oil, and I was hopeful about that. It was dreadful. I'm going to continue on in the traditional way. 
    I don't have the knack for smoking. I never get a proper inhale, and I ALWAYS hurt my throat.

Bestie F has a vaporizer and she looooooooves it. If I ever get a reliable source of special, we might have to get one of those.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Just put everything in the oil or butter.  Don't bother grinding it, just throw it in there (you can include stems and leaves...if you have seeds then there are bigger fucking problems that I can't help you with :)

Cook it for a longass time on low.  The "low" part is especially important if using butter!  Strain with strainer, then cheesecloth, then tea towel (I like southernbelle's coffee filter idea too!).  Use whatever amount of oil called for in the recipe. 

It'll still taste a little...funny.  Also, brownies are totally not the best edible.  Go for the goo balls!! :)

(**This is all hypothetical, of course.  I don't condone illegal activities.  Only do this if you live in a state where it's legal.  Please don't ban me. :)

• beethery said:
    I've never been a fan of baking or cooking with marijuana. To me, it's like the old joke about Christian rock music. It improves neither Christianity or rock. 
    I enjoy the actual smoking process, and have a great respect for good quality smokables. And baking. I also take my baked goods very seriously. Baked and baking is lovely. 

(Legalization, by the way, has not been good for quality. I am so far unimpressed with what's for sale in the shops. It's like living through prohibition, but with a beautifully stocked wine cellar, and then prohibition ends, but all you can buy is 3 buck chuck. Meh. Maybe things will improve.)

My daughter bought me some infused olive oil, and I was hopeful about that. It was dreadful. I'm going to continue on in the traditional way. 
    I don't have the knack for smoking. I never get a proper inhale, and I ALWAYS hurt my throat.

Bestie F has a vaporizer and she looooooooves it. If I ever get a reliable source of special, we might have to get one of those.

We have a fancy Iolite Wispr and it was pretty life-changing for my asthmatic FI. It's about $300 but WORTH IT.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beethery said:
    I've never been a fan of baking or cooking with marijuana. To me, it's like the old joke about Christian rock music. It improves neither Christianity or rock. 

Yep, I have the same problem. It feels like fucking razorblades in my throat. I'm obviously not doing it right.
  • I love the taste of the smoke. I probably look like the caterpillar from Alice In Wonderland. The Disney version.
    My daughter didn't attempt it until the ripe old age of twenty five.
    She and her bestie had the same hurt throat reaction as you girls. They looked like twelve year olds choking on their first cigarettes. It was hilarious. 

(Of course, I grew up in the seventies, so I had an abundance of practice that my own kids would never have gotten away with. By fifteen, I could accurately eyeball and hand measure a quarter, half, or full ounce within one gram of correct, roll perfect joints, and mastered the blow a series of mini smoke rings through the center of a large smoke ring. Decent quality  "grass" was going at 10 dollars an ounce, which we called  " a lid." I do not know why.)

None of this information will qualify me for the mother of the year award.

Ah yes, I remember the days, I think. I always just grind and put in the mix. No seeds nor twigs.
  • Edibles do NOT make Smile smile. Seriously, that shit is scary to me. I obviously don't partake given the fetal cooking going on currently, but I am a good Colorado girl at heart and have spent many a day in my youth\ tip toeing through the tuplips with Mary Jane. And things always went very, very badly when I tired to make friends with edibles. To the point I had once convinced myself that I was going to be the first person in history to die from a marijuana overdose and it was miiiiiiiserable. Good thing it took me 3 hours to get out of the chair or I totally would've been that jack ass to call 911. 

Oh, and Baby Bean's due date is 4/20. Go figure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • beethery said:

Yep, I have the same problem. It feels like fucking razorblades in my throat. I'm obviously not doing it right.
    Count me in this club, I've tried soo many times and every time it just doesn't work out for me and I end up coughing so much I'm afraid I'll get sick.  Which is why I've always wanted to try edibles.  BF used to smoke a lot before I knew him(so mostly during high school) but then he tried smoking twice while drinking and got really sick so he stopped for awhile, but he's started partaking now and then, mostly when my bro offers.
  • I don't like sweets but I was just curious how this thread went to two pages about brownies. This makes so much more sense.

I've done a ton of fucked up shit in my life but I've never smoked pot. Weird. Maybe on the TK "Naughties" bus tour across America?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards