Wedding Reception Forum

Dollar Dance Alternatives

edited November 2014 in Wedding Reception Forum
I love and hate the idea of a dollar dance. I personally find it tacky to ask guests for (even more) money, though I enjoy the idea of having the opportunity to dance with guests who wouldn't typically ask to dance with me for a full song (i.e. my finances step-father, etc.). I am looking for alternatives to the dollar dance that involve dancing but no money. Any suggestions are appreciated :-)

Re: Dollar Dance Alternatives

• Just go up to them and ask them to dance. Or do "well wishes" instead of money.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • m6hargis said:

I love and hate the idea of a dollar dance. I personally find it tacky to ask guests for (even more) money, though I enjoy the idea of having the opportunity to dance with guests who wouldn't typically ask to dance with me for a full song (i.e. my finances step-father, etc.). I am looking for alternatives to the dollar dance that involve dancing but no money. Any suggestions are appreciated :-)

I agree with @AddieCake‌. If you want to dance with people, just hire a great DJ and ask them to dance.

The dollar dance us super inappropriate. No one wants to be panhandled for money.
    *********************************************************************************

• My brother and SIL had the bartender set up a little table with a couple bottles and some disposable shot glasses. They set it on the dance floor between them, and everyone lined up to take a shot and dance with them for about 15-30 seconds.

It still took a while, but my family loves to drink and loves to party, so other people were out there dancing at the same time (or taking a smoke break). The DJ cut it after about 15-20 minutes.

They did make sure to make the rounds and dance with as many people as they could, so that helped.
  • I managed to dance with a lot of my guests without having to do some silly "dance."  Just work the dance floor and if there are some guests you want to dance with then just ask.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards