New Jersey
Options

Venues on a strict budget/negotiation tips

Good Morning All!

My fiance and I have just recently started searching for our October 2015 wedding reception. We have only been to two places so far: The Tides and Lake Valhalla Club. I was wondering if there were any venues that would accommodate a Saturday evening reception (max. 150 guests)  for <$100pp or close to 100pp  (including tax and service). I know that a Friday or Sunday reception would be more affordable but we have settled on our date already and it is very important that we keep that date. 

Also, any advice on negotiating price for the venue or vendors? I feel extremely uncomfortable when bringing up the subject because I feel like I am insulting the banquet manager.

Re: Venues on a strict budget/negotiation tips

• Options
    I know Fiesta was about $100pp including tax and tip on a Saturday.  Just tell them your budget and see how they can work with you.  They can rearrange some of the meals choices to make it within your meals
  • Options
    We used the "what if's" and "what can you do if" a lot; we knocked down the price PP by a) choosing an off night and B) increasing the minimum guests. you can also swap out/eliminate menu items to cut costs (i.e. not doing any add-ons, viennese hour). don't be ashamed to ask for them to come down; once i put my pride aside and asked them to come down on price, i was glad i did because i was able to get $20 off PP
  • Options
    Good Morning All!

My fiance and I have just recently started searching for our October 2015 wedding reception. We have only been to two places so far: The Tides and Lake Valhalla Club. I was wondering if there were any venues that would accommodate a Saturday evening reception (max. 150 guests)  for <$100pp or close to 100pp  (including tax and service). I know that a Friday or Sunday reception would be more affordable but we have settled on our date already and it is very important that we keep that date. 

Also, any advice on negotiating price for the venue or vendors? I feel extremely uncomfortable when bringing up the subject because I feel like I am insulting the banquet manager.
    Unfortunately you want the most popular time of day of the most popular day of the week of one of the most popular months of the year.  Not many venues are going to negotiate with you.  They don't have to.  Someone else will pay for that fall evening wedding.  

Even if you bumped it just one month later, you'd see savings.  But if you're unwilling to change your date (I hope it's not because it's a dating anniversary or something), you're going to have a more difficult time finding a place for under $100 including tip and service.  
  • Options

Try the

Primavera

The Atrium

Knoll Country Club

I didn't book with these venues but, they were willing to negotiate prices with us for Saturday night in October. 

Good Luck!

• Options

I would also call Highlawn Pavilion too.

• Options
    Primavera is more then $100 even with negotiating. I am paying $120 plus tax and gratuity for a Saturday night in November which is "off season" and had to guarantee 125. October for a Saturday night will be at least $140 there and you will have to guarantee 150.
  • Options
    rmak0424rmak0424 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Try Ravello in East Hannover. They were fabulous to my fiance and I. Granted we booked like 22 months in advance but we negotiated Saturday daytime package pricing, for a Friday night wedding in October, and we only had to guarantee 75 ppl.

Basically, they were one of the very first venues we looked at, and after looking several other venues that wanted to charge an arm and leg, we went back to Ravello, and basically said to them, we looked at several places, and you guys are our favorite, but we don't want a daytime wedding, what can you do for us .. 

We also looked into the Brownstone, and expressed our budget concerns, Albert Manzo pretty much said to me, don't worry about cost, you tell me your budget, and we'll work with it ... So check them out too!

I feel like if you're just straight forward about your budget and what you want, and you're willing to be somewhat flexible, you're going to find someone who is willing to work with you, and you're going to have your dream wedding. 

Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards