Snarky Brides

Facebook overshare snark

jellybeannjellybeann member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited November 2014 in Snarky Brides
I'm friends on fb with a girl who I went to high school with. She got married sometime in the summer and must have just gotten her professional pictures back. I guess she really loved them because she put EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ON FACEBOOK.

Over 1000 photos! ONE THOUSAND!
ETA: It is now closer to 2000! I can't even imagine how long it took for them to upload that is insane.

Gurl, the internet does not need that many pictures of you and your man.

What are your best snarky stories about facebook oversharing brides?

Re: Facebook overshare snark

• I got on facebook this morning to see wedding photos from a friend on my newsfeed too.  I did want to see them, but I was disappointed to see that she held her ceremony and reception IN THE RAIN.  Like, guests were straight up being rained on. Her poor bridal party was soaked.  Apparently she didn't have an indoor plan B?  

• I can't imagine how long it took her to upload those photos. Good lord. 
  • Ugh, a girl I know just did that but she only posted 730.

I have a friend. Like a real friend, someone I really like, and hang out with. But I am about ready to block her on FB. She posted a weekly fb photo ablum of her kid, with about 100 pictures. And sadly her mom, sister, cousins encourage her by commenting and liking all the photos. She is also the person who post every single funny/ weird/ sad/ ironic thing that happens in her day. Now, everytime she posts something I just want to yell at her.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yup. We have friends who got married in September and did this. Not quite 1000, but yea. 

The girl changes her profile and cover photos freaking DAILY to a new wedding picture. And in every single status update it's like "out to breakfast with my HUSBAND", "MRS Smith is happy today", "taking my STEP-DAUGHTER to the park", "the SMITH FAMILY is having a nice Saturday". Pointless shit like that - just so people know she is now married and "is now a Mrs!!!! zomg". 

It's like WE KNOW YOU'RE MARRIED... now please, let there be peace on the interwebz.
    *********************************************************************************

• KatWAG said:

Ugh, a girl I know just did that but she only posted 730.

I have a friend. Like a real friend, someone I really like, and hang out with. But I am about ready to block her on FB. She posted a weekly fb photo ablum of her kid, with about 100 pictures. And sadly her mom, sister, cousins encourage her by commenting and liking all the photos. She is also the person who post every single funny/ weird/ sad/ ironic thing that happens in her day. Now, everytime she posts something I just want to yell at her.

My cousin does this with her kid. And then she posts this same tired-ass bullshit all the time in a passive-aggressive bid to get her boyfriend to stop being a dick:

Girl, we all know he sucks. We've all known this since you got together. Dump the dick or at least tag him in the post so I can chuckle at the drama.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I used to work with twins. These two people are a prime example of everything that is wrong with facebook. They both work in politics and are VERY conservative and religious. Which is fine by me, whatever floats your boat. But they post 5-10 articles day pushing their agenda, bashing democrats, etc. They also post the same articles all the time, so it shows up in my newsfeed twice. They also regularly engaged in huge debates regarding said articles.

Now here is what really annoys me. These twins last name is my maiden name. We are not related but the name isnt very common either. And while I do have my privacy setting set pretty high, I fear someone is going to think I am related to these two.

One twin, about once a quarter, asks his fb friends to help find him a girlfriend. And people actually tag other people for suggestions.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

I used to work with twins. These two people are a prime example of everything that is wrong with facebook. They both work in politics and are VERY conservative and religious. Which is fine by me, whatever floats your boat. But they post 5-10 articles day pushing their agenda, bashing democrats, etc. They also post the same articles all the time, so it shows up in my newsfeed twice. They also regularly engaged in huge debates regarding said articles.

Now here is what really annoys me. These twins last name is my maiden name. We are not related but the name isnt very common either. And while I do have my privacy setting set pretty high, I fear someone is going to think I am related to these two.

One twin, about once a quarter, asks his fb friends to help find him a girlfriend. And people actually tag other people for suggestions.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FUCKING SHITTING ME.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    KatWAG said:

I used to work with twins. These two people are a prime example of everything that is wrong with facebook. They both work in politics and are VERY conservative and religious. Which is fine by me, whatever floats your boat. But they post 5-10 articles day pushing their agenda, bashing democrats, etc. They also post the same articles all the time, so it shows up in my newsfeed twice. They also regularly engaged in huge debates regarding said articles.

I wish. Its actually the whole reason why I havent blocked them yet. Because it is hilarious to watch it unfold.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • beethery said:
    KatWAG said:
    beethery said:
    KatWAG said:

I wish. Its actually the whole reason why I havent blocked them yet. Because it is hilarious to watch it unfold.
    If you do not post (with names tastefully censored or pixellated) screencaps on here I am going to be mad at you forever.

If you need help with censoring, send me a PM.
    I am trying. But he has his privacy setting set so that I cant go back through his older posts. I can only see his 5 post recent post (all of which are from today.) So I am trying to go back through my newsfeed to see if I can find it. Because I feel like he just "asked for applications for a gf" yesterday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • beethery said:
    KatWAG said:
    beethery said:
    KatWAG said:

If you do not post (with names tastefully censored or pixellated) screencaps on here I am going to be mad at you forever.

If you need help with censoring, send me a PM.
    In for the screencaps
  • @daria24‌ I'd love to see that dress if there's a way to protect her privacy. That sounds like a snarkfest waiting to happen.

I have a fb friend from hs who got married over a year ago. Daily, since getting engaged she has posted a new picture of her engagement/bridal shower/ wedding/ honeymoon whatever the most recent thing was. WE GET IT, YOURE MARRIED! Chill out. If I wanted to see your pictures I'd check out your profile. Don't try to force to look at that shit 
  • I have a friend who is a recruiter.  Every 2 weeks or so he posts something looking for someone who wants to be a bilingual collections person.  Dude, stahp, if no one wants that job you should realize that after the third time you tried and no one responded!

I have a sanctimommy friend who lost her identity after having her child.  Her kid's name is in every post.  It's annoying.  She also posted this article about how evil microwaves are for making your food radioactive and she brags how she doesn't need one.  Ummmmm, microwaves arent radioactive.....WTF is wrong with you???  I want to crush up birth control pills and put them in her water system so this doesnt happen again..
    Dude what. This can't be real.
  • I have a pregnant friend who has not posted a single thing that does not reference being pregnant since she found out. Every single post is either ABOUT her pregnancy or includes the future child in some way like, "Good thing John bought Stella and I this big sweatshirt to wear since it's so cold!" or "Stella and I are going for tacos tonight!" We get it. You're pregnant.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I have a friend who is a recruiter.  Every 2 weeks or so he posts something looking for someone who wants to be a bilingual collections person.  Dude, stahp, if no one wants that job you should realize that after the third time you tried and no one responded!

I have a sanctimommy friend who lost her identity after having her child.  Her kid's name is in every post.  It's annoying.  She also posted this article about how evil microwaves are for making your food radioactive and she brags how she doesn't need one.  Ummmmm, microwaves arent radioactive.....WTF is wrong with you???  I want to crush up birth control pills and put them in her water system so this doesnt happen again..
    I have a high school friend who went all hippie Catholic anti Vax mommy.

She's a nurse. She doesn't understand why birth control should be covered for other people since the Catholic hospital she works for doesn't prescribe it.

I pour a drink when she posts.

Anniversary
  • Hmm I'd like to see where the frogs will be in her photos @daria24...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Asking for someone to watch the dogs while the wedding is going on. 

Changing the last name before being married. 

Updating wedding details and information all over facebook, even to people not invited.

Every single post for the past year is about wedding stuff

Pictures from the bach party all drunk and half naked

These are all the same person

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• -Ultrasound pics 

-Wedding planning play-by-play

-Ambiguous complaining about people who pissed them off that day or month or year

-Kids having their own FB page managed by their parents (OK, this might not be considered overshare but it's annoying).
  • Sanctimommy just posted how her kid is a nightmare to toilet train and he shit on the floor.

Next post is how this carton of half eaten frozen yogurt tastes disgusting.  You had to eat half of it to come to that conclusion, huh?

I think I need to hide her posts or remove her entirely, but I still have faith she may see the light.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Related to this, I have a FB friend (I dare say actual "friend" here) from my hometown who after her wedding last year, posted FIVE albums dedicated to her wedding, all called "best day ever part 1, best day ever part 2", etc. And every Thursday she would post a #tbt picture on instagram and FB that was a wedding picture. Absolutely exhausting.

But now, she just had a baby last week. There were many photos and status updates in the months leading up to the birth, but since the baby was actually born, there are about 1-5 photos A DAY of the newborn. 

That sh*t is how you get unfriended.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It is bad but I have people who I still refuse to remove from my fb because they post ridiculous things that make me angry but I still love reading them.

I have people on FB who post all these awful woe-is-me situations (which they have invariable brought upon themselves and/or blown out of proportion because NO ONE can really have an awful of a life as these people claim to have). I don't delete them because some of the shit they post is so hilariously bad.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards