Getting in Shape

Arm circles and more (quick and effective!)

Hi friends,

A coworker gave me this handy print-out of a 2006 article from "In Style Weddings" regarding arm workouts for a strapless dress. I found the link online to the gist of the workout (3 comments down): http://www.sparkpeople.com/ma/In-Style-Weddings-Arm-Workout/59/1/3633972

I'm in decent shape but don't lift a lot, and I started this program yesterday. I started with the arm circles -- hold my arms out with a 3lb weight in each hand and making 25 circles forwards and backwards, and repeating two times.

I am so sore today it actually hurt to wash my face this morning. From 3lb weights!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Arm circles and more (quick and effective!)

• Wow, thanks for sharing! I just bought my strapless dress and I definitely need to tone up! 

Another workout I found was on my iphone.  It's called "Easy Arms" and runs through 15 minute workouts (you can do shorter or longer ones) and you just mark what equipment you have and it's like a personal trainer! 

I feel like arms are the hardest part sometimes.
  • Thanks for the list! I do lift weights a lot, but I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut with what I do. It's great to see some more ideas. Arm circles sound great. I do several of these exercises and my arms are fairly toned, but with a strapless dress I think I can do better. Thanks!
  • Hi everyone, I wanted to post in this thread because it's been just about a month since I started doing these arm workouts.

Nothing crazy or drastic, but I have noticed some pretty flattering definition in my arms (such as when I'm raising my arm to brush my teeth, for example). I'm also noticing that I'm much stronger than when I started. I bumped myself up to a higher dumbbell... 5 lbs, and am doing more pushups than when I first started. I can't wait to see what my arms look like in a few more months.

Good luck brides!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards