Registry and Gift Forum

big his and hers items on registry

Ok so, my fiance and I have talked for almost a year about getting cruiser bikes for us to use in the summer time. Would it be out of line for us to add them to our registry? I've seen friends get his and hers ipads and other expensive gifts. Our current registry has a wide variety of items in all different prices, from kitchen wares for $10 to a dyson for $400. The bikes we want would be about $275-$350 each. What are your thoughts on this? Would it be inappropriate? Should we ask for a specific bike or just lead them to the shop we like and the general style (cruiser)?

Thanks!

Re: big his and hers items on registry

• Unless you can actually add the exact styles you want to the registry, I'd skip it.

Nothing against putting bikes on a registry, I just think it would be odd to have something that only had two bikes on it.and what if someone got you a style you didn't like, how would returns work?

Anniversary
  • Bikes are a very intimate gift, or perhaps I have a awkward relationship with my bike...

But that's probably something you want to buy on your own. You'll have to consider your height, weight and overall style. I know you say "cruiser" but cruisers can vary. Maybe you'll find something else that you like more than the cruisers your guests bought you. Maybe you'll end up with two each. I know my bike shop doesn't allow returns on bikes for money. They'll allow you to upgrade your bike, but not return for cash.

Its a great gift though!

• You will probably get some cash gifts so just put that money toward the bikes. I would not register for them.
  • My personal opinion is that these wouldn't be appropriate for a registry. There are obviously worse offenses, like asking for cash or gift cards. But to me these should be birthday/christmas gifts. 

Registries are supposed to be for starting your lives together and this just seems like too much of a stretch. I'd side-eye it because it kind of just looks like a gift grab. Others might disagree

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I think it is fine to have bike on the registry. If there are one for each of you I would view it as something you both enjoy and could do together. I would register for the exact bike you want or if people ask you could tell them you are saving up for a pair of bikes.

PS - Shark > Dyson and waaaaaaay cheaper :-D
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I think it is fine to have bike on the registry. If there are one for each of you I would view it as something you both enjoy and could do together. I would register for the exact bike you want or if people ask you could tell them you are saving up for a pair of bikes.

PS - Shark > Dyson and waaaaaaay cheaper :-D
    Totally agree about the Shark.  Our vacuum cleaner is a Shark, and we got a steam mop for free with it when we ordered from amazon.  It's the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards