Nebraska-Omaha
Options

Vendor reviews - 07/30/11 wedding

Hanscom Park United Methodist Church - (A+) - Had absolutely no problems with the church. We are not members of this church, but are methodist. Pastor Michael was easy to work with, willing to make suggestions, and flexible. Jannene, the organist, did a nice job on the music as well, and everything was perfect.

Rick's Cafe Boatyard - (A-) - We booked our reception here back in September of 2010. In April 2011, they changed their banquet menu and prices, but the event coordinator told us that we were "grandfathered" in from the 2010 prices because that's what they were when we booked and signed our agreement. We showed up the Monday before our wedding to finalize the numbers and pay the rest of our bill, and the coordinator told us that we would have to go with the new prices and menu, which meant that we were no longer able to get one of the entrees we had chosen, and it was raising our price $900. After a few tears, and phone calls, to the corporate office in Indianapolis, we were able to get our price dropped, and even managed to get a free appetizer out of the entire ordeal. On our wedding day, everything was perfect. Kari, the event coordinator, did a beautiful job of decorating and setting everything up how I imagined it. The food was amazing - and we were able to get the two entrees we had originally wanted - prime rib and salmon. I would give Kari an A+ for her work, but as far as the restaurant itself, and the trouble we had to go through less than a week before our wedding, I am going to give it an A-.

James Nedresky - (A+) - Even though we haven't seen our wedding pictures yet, our engagement pictures turned out great, and I don't doubt that our wedding pictures will do the same. James was great to work with. He did a lot of non-traditional photographs, trying to catch the moments, instead of having everyone turn and smile for the camera. His prices are reasonable, also. We cannot wait to see what our wedding pictures turn out to look like! :)

Arbor Hall - (A+) - We used Arbor Hall for our cake, flowers, and decorations. We got a ton of compliments about how moist the cake was. We had a three-tier cake with the bottom layer being raspberry, the middle layer was chocolate raspberry, and the top layer was white. A few of my friends said they were a little skeptical when they heard it was raspberry, but they said as soon as they took a bite, they were happily surprised. The flowers were perfect! My flowers were peach roses, and they matched them to a T! I gave them a color swatch for what color peach I had for my wedding, the flowers were identical! My centerpieces were very simple. They were square glasses with a floating peach daisy in the middle of each. They were perfect.

Complete Music and Video - (A) - We used them for our DJ and karaoke. Our DJ called two days before the wedding, which I thought was a little too close for comfort, to verify everything. We let each of our wedding party members be introduced to a song of their choice, and he did a great job introducing, and fading in and out the right songs for each of them. One mistake of the evening, was our first dance song. We wanted "Time of My Life" from Dirty Dancing, and the DJ told me over the phone he had that song, but when the wedding day came, he called my husband and I over to his table, and said the only version he had was from the Black Eyed Peas - so, obviously we had to pick another first dance song on the spot. Other than that, he did a good job picking different songs from the different decades, and he did a good job of getting our crowd involved.

Kayla Brengman - (A+) - used her for our hair. We started hair at 9 a.m. on Saturday and I had 7 ladies that had to get their hair done for the wedding. She was finished by 1 p.m. with all of us. She did a great job, great prices, and very flexible! If you want her info, feel free to ask!

Blush Make-up - (A+) - loved how my make-up turned out! She uses airbrush make-up so my skin looked flawless! It took little time too. Her prices are, also, very reasonable!

Our wedding turned out to be a beautiful day, and me, being the perfectionist that I am, was worried leaving the decorations in someone else's hands--but in the end, it all turned out how I had imagined it, and we had a beautiful day!

Re: Vendor reviews - 07/30/11 wedding

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards