Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Dry Wedding with No Dance, keeping the rest traditional or being different?

2»

Re: Dry Wedding with No Dance, keeping the rest traditional or being different?

• Options
    edited November 2014
    I had a dry wedding with no dancing in the evening. It was fine. I'm sure there were some guests who thought it was boring, but you'll never make everyone happy. Our ceremony was at 4:30, we had an appetizer hour immediately after with delicious apps and soft drinks and background music. Our reception was at a museum so there was lots to walk around and look at. We had a longer three course dinner. I think everything wrapped up around 9 p.m. So it wasn't long or anything, but it wasn't a half hour reception either.

I made sure my seating chart was good and sat people with those who they knew and would enjoy a longer dinner conversation with. DH and I spent a lot of time walking around greeting guests, and most people were up and mingling also.I'm sure some people wished there was dancing, but FI and I hate dancing and really hate dancing with people staring at us, so it just was something we decided early on not to have. We actually had a couple people thank us for not having dancing, so to each their own. 

As long as your wedding is still well hosted and you don't expect people to just hang out all night, you'll be fine. I think a brunch wedding is a great idea, but you could do dinner too. 
  • Options
    This was the menu for my daughter's brunch wedding:

Carved roast beef with horseradish sauce
    glazed salmon
    asperagus with hollandaise
    eggs benedict
    hash browns
    sausages and bacon
    pastries
    fruit

Drinks:  Mimosas, bloody Mary's, orange juice, sodas.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards