Attire & Accessories Forum

Mint Green

I'm looking for help finding mint bridesmaid dresses. My wedding is going to be a more traditional, classic, glam feel to it (colors are mint, gold, black) so the dresses need to fit that style as well. I'm leaning toward long dresses, but if a short dress was formal enough I'm not opposed to it!  It's most important to get the right shade of mint green which is where I'm having some trouble! I find it's easy to fall into the aqua/turquoise/tiffany blue or the other direction into sage/pistachio. If any has any suggestions for where to get a pretty mint green that would be amazing!

Re: Mint Green

• LMWasicek said:
    I'm looking for help finding mint bridesmaid dresses. My wedding is going to be a more traditional, classic, glam feel to it (colors are mint, gold, black) so the dresses need to fit that style as well. I'm leaning toward long dresses, but if a short dress was formal enough I'm not opposed to it!  It's most important to get the right shade of mint green which is where I'm having some trouble! I find it's easy to fall into the aqua/turquoise/tiffany blue or the other direction into sage/pistachio. If any has any suggestions for where to get a pretty mint green that would be amazing!
    What budget have your bridesmaids given you to work with? We'll be able to give better suggestions if we know what they've agreed to spend.

If you haven't gotten this number yet (ask them each privately, and then go no higher than the lowest number) you should do that first, so you don't fall in love with a color from a designer that's too expensive.

• To me, mint dresses says fun, casual, young, and "modern"...not traditional, classic, or glam. (I put modern in quotes because I don't believe it's a trendy color right now, but it's really something from the last 20 years). 

What about doing a black dress with a gold belt, and just the mint in the flowers, or in an accessory? 

• The budget for the dresses is $250, but I'm really hoping to keep it closer to <$200. And I do some what agree with your thoughts on the color mint, @Mandymost. Mint has not been a typical "wedding" color. I think that's what draws me to it, that it's unique and hasn't been done that much. I like things a little different and would prefer to avoid the "cookie-cutter" wedding.  When I have seen mint, it's been in the "fun, casual" theme like you mentioned. I've seen it in a lot of "rustic" or "shabby chic" weddings as well. I'm hoping that I can spin mint into a more formal, glam look for my big day the same way that the the whole blush color craze has become more versatile over the past few years. Blush used to be a "shabby chic" and spring causal look and now you see it in formal traditional weddings all the time. 

I will definitely keep the black and gold in mind as that look is of course timeless and glamorous!

Thanks!
  • Alfred Angelo's "sea mist" color is really pretty, and there's lots of dresses on their website that would look very pretty. With some nice jewelry, especially. 

(But seriously, there are dozens more, too.)
  • Since "mint" is such a subjective thing (like you said, sometimes it's more aqua, sometimes it's more sage) I would really recommend ordering fabric swatches to help you decide. It can look so different on a computer monitor versus in person, and the same color can look completely different in, say, a luxe chiffon versus satin. Dessy Group is offering 5 free swatches when you pay $5.75 shipping and I think it's a totally worthwhile investment. Celadon is nice, but even different Dessy designers' Celadon look slightly different from one another:

After Six vs Dessy Collection lux chiffon:
    imageimage

After Six vs Social Bridesmaid matte satin:
    imageimage

• Thanks, and that's great advice to get the color swatches! I think that will be a must when deciding on a dress/designer! 
    I'll be sure to check out Alfred Angelo too, I've worn his bridesmaid dresses in at least one wedding and (from what I remember) they were available at a lot of shops and locations so I may be able to check out the colors in person too which would be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards