Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination Wedding: Hawaii - full wedding coordinator or hotel coordinator?

Hi!

So we are planning a destination wedding in Hawaii.  My fiance and I have been to Hawaii a number of times and completely love it and hope our family and friends love it too.  We have been researching a bunch of hotels and a lot of them have their own hotel coordinator.  For current and past brides, did you use the hotel coordinator, used a full wedding planner or did it yourself?  When using the hotel coordinator, were you able to customize the wedding plans to suit your needs?  Was using a full wedding planner frowned upon in hotels where they have hotel/event coordinators?  

Re: Destination Wedding: Hawaii - full wedding coordinator or hotel coordinator?

• We used only the hotel coordinator at our wedding in Hawaii.  The hotel had a package with choices (roses or tropical for flowers, etc.).  We also added our own cake.  We could drop things off the package and bring our own in, which we did with the photographer and officiant.  I don't know what their thoughts towards a WP would have been, since I never asked.  

The one thing I realized after is that my hotel does weddings all the time - several a week.  They know what they are doing and everything was beautiful.  Just be sure to check reviews if you're concerned.  

• I am using the hotel's wedding planner/coordinator. She is doing all of our planning and coordination and so far working with her has been phenomenal. Our wedding is June 2015. She has multiple vendors of each type that she knows and trusts to recommend to us. We have free reign to decide on everything from decor, music, flowers, photography, cake, and food. She knows which vendors have worked well in the past, but will work with other vendors if we find them doing our own research. It has taken most of the stress out of planning a wedding and I am confident everything will turn out well with her managing things.
  • We are using a coordinator because we aren't getting married at a resort, we chose Olowalu Plantation House.
    But if you are doing it at the resort, they will probably be fine.  They do it several times a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards