Nevada-Las Vegas

Pre-application - Mac help? or how long did it take without pre reg

Hi- looks like the wedding license pre application only works on PC's and older versions of Internet explorer.  I don't have a PC, we're 100% Mac.

Has anyone ever been able to use a Mac to preregister?  If so, what browser did you use?  

I'm afraid we're just going to have to go down there and not preregister!  If you didn't pre-register how long did it take to get your license?

Thanks!
We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014

Re: Pre-application - Mac help? or how long did it take without pre reg

• I usually find Chrome or Firefox are usually good to go on a Mac when it's a PC based program. If that doesn't work I have no clue, sorry!
  • I couldn't get it to work in chrome. 
  • If you're using IE 9+, you have to put it into "compatibility mode". Make sure pop-ups are disabled too.

If all else fails, you could go to your local library and use one of their computers. That would still be much easier than waiting in line at the clerk's office. Even with the pre-reg, it can take up to an hour. Without it, it can take about 2-3 hours. There's a lot of stuff to fill out, so it really helps to have that all done before you show up.
  • Wow 2-3 hours without pre-reg? I had no idea it took that long? What day are you going kris? I think I'm going on Thursday after I get checked into hotel.
  • I used the compatability mode on a newer version of internet explorer and it worked fine. It's just such an outdated system, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KrisLSmileyKrisLSmiley member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @Rosebubbly- the plan was to go tomorrow evening after we arrive but the way things have been going the last couple of days I'm thinking we'll end up there on Monday.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Update-  we found an old windows computer, got it to start up and actually connect to the internet and made it through the form!   What a pain. 
  • Wow 2-3 hours without pre-reg? I had no idea it took that long? What day are you going kris? I think I'm going on Thursday after I get checked into hotel.
    I'm sure that depends on the day of week and time of year. I imagine Saturdays during wedding season are pretty busy, but Wednesday during November would be kind of dead. :)
  • Wow! You're there already! So jealous! We'll be there on Thursday and headed right there after check in
  • just as an idea... we went there on a Monday morning... and there were about 2 people in line....
  • We went on Monday morning too.  No one in line in the express line and about 4 people in the regular line.  We were in and out in 5 minutes!  Shouldn't be a problem @rosebubbly!
  • So glad to hear it. Gotta get up at 5 am on Thursday for my flight. Not wanting to stand in a line. :-)
    One more work day!
  • @rosebubbly I am so excited for you! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can't wait! Don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight!
  • Just picked it up!! 10 minutes in and out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards