Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Is anyone going to "Trash the Dress"?

The more I look into this, the more I like the idea! I also think the paint splattered wedding dress photos are beautiful.  Is anyone else going to do this? 

Re: Is anyone going to "Trash the Dress"?

• Options
    I would love to, if I'd gotten a cheaper dress... I would feel bad trashing my Maggie!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I guess that's my other thing, my dress was only $400. 
  • Options
    I am to an extent.  I am doing not so much "Trash" the Dress as I am, "Get the dress a little dirty but not so much so that a fabulous cleaner couldn't get the stains out"
  • Options
    I'm waiting until it gets warm and going to the beach with it.  So it won't get totally trashed, just a little dirty.
  • Options
    No ma'am.  My mom spent an arm, a leg and a kidney on it. LOL.  Trashing that beauty is NOT an option. 
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    I think that I may. But I don't think I am doing anything major to it. Just loose hair, different settings, etc.
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I really want to do this. :)

• Options
    I am definitely doing it! My husband is actually going to take the pictures because he has become quite the little photographer, lol.

Because of that, I want to do year round photos. My friend suggested getting a frame that shows 4 pics and do a fall, winter, spring and summer pic. I just have to do the summer ones last because I plan on jumping into the ocean with it on.
    I also can't wait to do it in the snow because I think it will look so great!

I am actually buying a second dress to do this because I had my first one preserved. I am going a totally different way though. My wedding dress was an a-line, Alfred Angelo dream in color (blue) dress and my TTD/RTD dress is going to be a big, puffy all white ballgown dress. Kinda the best of both worlds, lol. I plan to buy a cheap cathedral length veil too because I had a elbow length, blue and white veil for the wedding and it's now preserved as well.

The only reason I can afford it is because I am saving the photographer $$$.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't decide which dress I want to "trash" I have a full length one for the ceremony/reception and a tea length one for when we all go out with friends after the wedding (no running away to a hotel for us!).  I am going to get a cheapy veil and preserve my embroidered one. 

My photography is also free (such a blessing), and I considered buying another dress, but I really don't know what I'll do with my original one if I did.  I seriously don't see my daughter (if I even have one) wanting to wear it, and I sure won't be!  Probably if I had spent more money on my original dress I would lean more towards preserving it, but I only spent $400. 
  • Options
    Personally I think the pics would look better with the full length dress because it probably looks more 'bridal.' But that's just my opinion.

If you don't mind trashing both and you can't decide, well then you could both! Might be a nice contrast in the pics. I am sure that no matter which one you chose, it will look great and fun! :-)

I definitely say get another cheapy veil. The veil was almost more important to me than the wedding dress so I could never trash it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards